“great place/great hosts and amenities”
Review of Cusco Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Urubamba
Cusco Cottages
Reviewed June 18, 2013

All the positive comments by other travellers are true about cusco cottages. During my stay I was unwell, (thank goodness at the end of our trip). Dee was so supportive, giving me a special tea, a recipe her mother-in-law from Cusco had given to her, and having Julia make a delicious chicken broth for me. Dee arranged any transportation we needed, suggested sites to visit, made us crepes for breakfast, loaned us a laptop and encouraged us to feel free to sit in the sun anywhere on the property or move about for a Wi-Fi connection. Cusco cottage is a peaceful, comfortable place to stay. You can sit in the garden right outside the cottage door and truly enjoy being in the Sacred Valley. Thank you to everyone associated with Cusco Cottages.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Cusco Cottages

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed 10 days at the Kaypacha cottage and I honestly didn't want to leave!!! Dee and Efren (hope it is spelled right) are such great hosts! I was staying for 6 days by myself with my 10 month old baby while my husband was doing the Inka trail and I never felt unsafe at the cottage or in the town of Urubamba for that matter! The cottage is on the owner's premises so there is someone 24/7 making sure you are comfortable! Claudio is way more than a gardener, he took my husband to a trout farm and thanks to him, we had fresh fish for supper! He helped out with our fireplace and made sure we always had plenty of wood! Julia discretely walked in every morning to make the beds and wash the dishes... I really felt like in a 5 stars!
Dee took me to the town market, gave me good tips on info about the town and the locals. We had a great time chatting, felt like we had known each other forever!
We planned an hour massage offered in their fitness center and it felt like heaven! It was well appreciated by hubby after his 4 day trek on the Inka trail!
The cottage is fully equipped and if anything was missing, just had to ask and it would be brought very quickly! It even had a washer and dryer, which was a luxury for us! The place is covered in flowers! A fig tree just outside the front door... This place is paradise!
The only thing that we were missing is wi-fi... The connection wasn't strong enough to get to the cottage but since the owners had it in their house, we could get some signal if we were close to the main house.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lpino
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Kaypacha is much more than a cottage. It was our first trip to Machu Picchu area, and we loved the place - easily accomodates a large family, it is centrally located in the valley, just a car or bus ride to all area attractions: Machu Picchu, Moray, Maras salt mines, Pisaq market, and Cuzco. Located at lower elevation than Cusco, it was great for our aclimatization.
Camp fire, cabin fireplace, at-home dinner, village errands, can all be arranged by the hosts. Just a lovely, lovely piece of heaven...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about these cottages. My family (2 adults, my 12-year-old sister) and my boyfriend and I decided to make the trip out to Machu Picchu in early January, which is not peak season for the area as it is typically rainy and foggy; essentially, the weather can make or break your experience in El Valle Sagrado de los Incas (The Sacred Valley of the Incas). Luckily, we got 6 days of mostly sunshine (except in Cusco, where it rains daily).

My father had told me about where we were going to stay but I blew his words aside, instead purely interested in "key spots" to see. However, our stay here was a highlight of the trip! The location is fantastic, as it is close to bus terminals and van pick-up spots (simply a fun motor taxi ride away) and both local and more touristic restaurants. The cabaña itself is beautiful; we discovered that the owner and her husband had previously lived in it before they decided to rent it out and build a new house for themselves on the same property, and so it has a cozy, inviting atmosphere. The property is huge and the two dogs (Maya and Sultan, mother and son) are gorgeous, friendly, and always good for entertaining children.

Although Dee (the owner) wasn't able to be there for our stay due to a wedding she was attending in the US, the aspect that I enjoyed most was the company of her staff: Claudio and Julia. Claudio is a cook and gardener, while Julia is a maid. Our family got extremely close to both of them. One night, Claudio cooked us a wonderful dinner of sopa de criolla (beef, egg, and noodle soup), chaufa (Peruvian fried rice), steak, salad and french fries. Afterwards, we cheered chilcanos (ginger ale + Pisco) with him and talked a bit. The next night, his children helped us get a bonfire going. Julia was also extremely sweet; she would come on day tours with us to nearby locations (Salineras de Maras, Moray Ruins, Pisac, Cusco) and help us navigate the area from a local perspective. She introduced us to an extremely yummy and economical restaurant one time; it was so good that we went to the same place the next day.
I'm being 100% honest when I say I have no complaints, because if I did I would eagerly outline them with no hesitation. This place is wonderful, and it now holds great memories for me and my family!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We met Deirdre, the owner of Cusco Cottages and her grandchildren at the Chocolate Museum in Cusco. The kids hit it off and Deidre invited us to stay at her cottage on our way to Machu Piccu. When we arrived, we quickly realized that we had won the jackpot. We had been travelling for months, staying mostly in small hotels and hostels so we were amazed to discover that we had an entire luxury cottage to ourselves! Plus the scenery around Urumbamba is gorgeous and such a nice place to escape the hustle and bustle of Cusco. Diedre defintitely has a knack for interior decoration because the cottage is beautifully decorated, warm and inviting. It was great to sit by the fire in the evening with a glass of wine and then head off to our plush beds. On the second night Deidre invited us to hang out with by the bonfire and roast marshmallows. While the kids played, Deidre and her husband Efrain, shared their knowledge about the local culture and gave us tips on places to explore in Peru. It really felt like we had found a oasis of calm and beauty in one of the most beautiful spots in the world. We will remember these two days for the rest of our lives.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have stayed here with family and friends over the years. If you are looking for a unique experience this is the place to stay. The cottage is very quaint and has character. The property is surrounded by gorgeous views and the owners are extremely helpful and insightful on things to do. If you are planning on heading to Machu Picchu, the train station is located 15-20 minutes away in Ollantaytambo...very convenient.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

For the last two years 2011,12 I have stayed at Cusco Cottages in Urubamba, Peru. I have also stayed in Cusco both times and I really believe that my time at the Cusco Cottages in Urubamba offered me a more unique and personal experience where I could see the communities and local areas in a way not possible in Cusco. I really recommend it! The Sacred Valley is so beautiful and offers all different types of outdoor activities ranging from hikes to salt mines to rock climbing several hundred meters up the mountainside and then zip lining down!

Going to Machu Picchu from Urubamba is also easier as it is closer down in the Valley. The train station is close by and easy to arrange for a taxi to get there.

The Cottage is really nice and the property it is on is so beautiful with amazing views of the surrounding mountains. The owners Efrain and Dee are absolutely amazing and really help make for a great time. Dee offers a lot of information about the local area and puts the personal touch to the experience. She was an amazing tour guide and was there for all our needs.

For anyone looking to get a little off the beaten path to experience the beauty of Peru from a unique and personal way - I really recommend the Cusco Cottages in Urubamba. I definitely see myself staying again there (for the third time) in the future!

• Stayed: July 2012