“Special place in the Sacred Valley”
Review of Cusco Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Urubamba
Cusco Cottages
Edmonton, Canada
“Special place in the Sacred Valley”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We met Deirdre, the owner of Cusco Cottages and her grandchildren at the Chocolate Museum in Cusco. The kids hit it off and Deidre invited us to stay at her cottage on our way to Machu Piccu. When we arrived, we quickly realized that we had won the jackpot. We had been travelling for months, staying mostly in small hotels and hostels so we were amazed to discover that we had an entire luxury cottage to ourselves! Plus the scenery around Urumbamba is gorgeous and such a nice place to escape the hustle and bustle of Cusco. Diedre defintitely has a knack for interior decoration because the cottage is beautifully decorated, warm and inviting. It was great to sit by the fire in the evening with a glass of wine and then head off to our plush beds. On the second night Deidre invited us to hang out with by the bonfire and roast marshmallows. While the kids played, Deidre and her husband Efrain, shared their knowledge about the local culture and gave us tips on places to explore in Peru. It really felt like we had found a oasis of calm and beauty in one of the most beautiful spots in the world. We will remember these two days for the rest of our lives.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have stayed here with family and friends over the years. If you are looking for a unique experience this is the place to stay. The cottage is very quaint and has character. The property is surrounded by gorgeous views and the owners are extremely helpful and insightful on things to do. If you are planning on heading to Machu Picchu, the train station is located 15-20 minutes away in Ollantaytambo...very convenient.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
usa
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

For the last two years 2011,12 I have stayed at Cusco Cottages in Urubamba, Peru. I have also stayed in Cusco both times and I really believe that my time at the Cusco Cottages in Urubamba offered me a more unique and personal experience where I could see the communities and local areas in a way not possible in Cusco. I really recommend it! The Sacred Valley is so beautiful and offers all different types of outdoor activities ranging from hikes to salt mines to rock climbing several hundred meters up the mountainside and then zip lining down!

Going to Machu Picchu from Urubamba is also easier as it is closer down in the Valley. The train station is close by and easy to arrange for a taxi to get there.

The Cottage is really nice and the property it is on is so beautiful with amazing views of the surrounding mountains. The owners Efrain and Dee are absolutely amazing and really help make for a great time. Dee offers a lot of information about the local area and puts the personal touch to the experience. She was an amazing tour guide and was there for all our needs.

For anyone looking to get a little off the beaten path to experience the beauty of Peru from a unique and personal way - I really recommend the Cusco Cottages in Urubamba. I definitely see myself staying again there (for the third time) in the future!

• Stayed July 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I've just come back from Peru and from Cusco Cottages of Urubamba. It's my third time staying there because the owners are so helpful with their insights of what to do, where and when, it has made each trip memorable. The first time I went was in 2000 with my family and we did all the typical sight seeing tours of Cusco and Machu Pichu and Efrain and Dee helped us with the logistics so we could get in as much as possible. The second time, I came with my daughter in 2006 and we took and easier pace. We did white water rafting, trekking with Dee as our guide, horse back riding to the top of a mountain where there's a trout farm, visited a quecha village with no running water or electricity where the children surround you with their smiling faces. Awesome! My last trip was November 2012, I came by myself and really got into the spiritual aspect of Urubamba. Did a hike to the sacred cave of the Moon/woman with the most fabulous, breathtaking vistas of the mountains and river, yoga, massages, stretches, meditation and other inca methods of connecting with oneself. Surreal! And as always, Dee and Efrain the best hosts I've ever met! I'll be back again, for sure!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Cusco Cottages, we still refer to it as Kay Pacha, is the best place we have stayed in while in Peru and the owners were great! The house was immaculate, the view was unbelievable and the neighbors, the owners, were great! From Kay Pacha we toured around the Sacred Valley and saw the most impressive sceneries from our trip. Thank you very much Dee and Efrain for having us over and guiding us through our travels in your nice area of the country. Thank you for hooking us up with Norberto who is a gem! Our trip would not have been the same without staying here. Should your travel plans bring you to eastern Canada, we would appreciate a notice so that we can in return offer our knowledge of our country to make your travel as enjoyable as you made ours!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed November 23, 2012

For us as a family that has travelled the world, staying at Cusco Cottages was definitely one of our best choices ever. Cusco itself is beautiful and tranquil, but with the personal attention and help Dee offered us since day one when we started with our booking, it was perfect. Absolutely everything regarding our trip was super and Dee was the reason why! We arrived as strangers but we left as friends!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Deirdre R, Owner at Cusco Cottages, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review. I'm so glad you were happy with everything.
Appreciate you taking the time to do that.
Saludos