We stayed two nights at Sol y Luna on our way to Machu Picchu. It took a full day to get past the surreal feel of this charming place. The lush grounds are full of life and absolutely covered with the most beautiful flowers one has ever seen. Almost a tad Alice and Wonderland with respect to the color variety. You are surrounded by mountains.
The individual casitas are both traditional and modern. Very quiet and comfortable.
The spread at the breakfast buffet was a complete surprise...far...far...from your standard continental type. Very exotic with a European influence.
The restaurant was okay, but very pricey. While Urubamba is small, there are 2-3 other restaurants in town that are much more reasonable and the cab fare is about 3 soles or 1USD. We loved El Huacatay restaurant!!!!
The bar was great by virtue of ambiance and of course the special nectars. The bartender has competed in international mixology contests. Huge variety of pisco concoctions...to include a pisco moonshine of sorts that coca leaves have been soaking in for an indeterminate amount of time...be prepared to see your future. :>
We had a few spa treatments including facials and the jacuzzi.
The facial was blissful and we found ourselves coming in/out of consciousness. Hmn...
The jacuzzi/hot tub is a paid service, not a part of the general amenities of the hotel, but well worth the extra cost. We were surprised by our 8pm reservation and finding it in complete darkness with only candles to lead the way. Very relaxing and clearly romantic. The room is encased in stain glass. Stunning...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our unique property is an intimate 43-casitas hotel within 328,000 square feet of beautiful gardens surrounded by archaeological attractions, and many opportunities of outdoor activities.We have 15 high end luxury casitas like that one which have private terraces and plunge pools overlooking the gardens. They all have an entry porch, foyer, living room and are equipped with heating floor system and fireplace.All the decoration of the casitas is based on the art work of renowned Peruvian artists such as Jaime Leibane and the beautiful frescoed murals by acclaimed artist, Federico Bauer which makes them all really special and unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol & Luna Hotel Urubamba
- Sol And Luna Lodge & Spa
- Sol Luna Urubamba
- Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux Peru/Urubamba, Sacred Valley