“Worth finding this gem”

Greenhouse Urubamba
Cuisines: Pizza, Thai, Peruvian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the beginning of 2007 the chef Eduardo Quevedo, attracted to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, decided to open the “Green House” with the committed idea of mixing good food, different music, and a rustic atmosphere.Our pizza follows the traditional recipe that was specially created by the first queen of Italy, Margarita Saboya, in 1889. Its principal ingredients have the colors of the Italian flag: red (tomato), white (mozzarella cheese), and green (basil). To make the pizzas delicious, a brick oven is also very important because it gives them a special and original taste. In few words, we offer you a traditional pizza in an original atmosphereTuesday-Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 11:00pm - 3:00pm 4:00pm - 10:00pm Monday: Closed
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We just "happened" upon this small restaurant and were pleasantly surprised how good the pasta, pizza and wine all turned out to be. Very nice for an intimate dinner and a large family group. Owner is especially gracious and accommodating.

1  Thank Joyce G

Reviewed September 13, 2011

We were exhausted, hungry and maybe a little bit grumpy, after a full day of hiking and sightseeing. We stumbled in the Green House and immediately felt better. The host was warm and funny and produced a meal that everyone -- from age 8 to 50 -- totally loved. It was a great value. If we'd stayed another day in Urubamba, I bet we would have been repeat customers!

1  Thank Meg B
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I am in the middle of a 10 day stay in Urubamba. So...I have tried several restaurants in the area....including the top rated ones. Without a doubt, Green House is the best food we have had. Yes, it's small and quaint, and yes it's a very simple dining experience. But, if you are looking for great food, at very reasonable prices, this is your place! The pizza and pasta are all I am in the middle of a 10 day stay in Urubamba. So...I have tried several restaurants in the area....including the top rated ones. Without a doubt, Green House is the best food we have had. Yes, it's small and quaint, and yes it's a very simple dining experience. But, if you are looking for great food, at very reasonable prices, this is your place! The pizza and pasta are all hand made by Eduardo, the owner. The pizzas are cooked in the wood- burning oven. It is some of the best pizza and pasta I have ever had. The place is tiny and Eduardo is right there with you the entire night. His staff is polite and accommodating.
I have eaten at several fine restaurants around the world, and the quality, yet simplicity, of the Green House is one in a million.
I am about to make my fourth visit there, and I am looking forward to it. made by Eduardo, the owner. The pizzas are cooked in the wood- burning oven. It is some of the best pizza and pasta I have ever had. The place is tiny and Eduardo is right there with you the entire night. His staff is polite and accommodating.
I am about to make my fourth visit there, and I am looking forward to it.

Reviewed March 17, 2011

Great pasta and pizza but if you can make it for the famous Thai Nights you are in for a treat!

1  Thank RubyRose83
Reviewed October 31, 2010

All I could think about was how amazingly yummy the food was when I left the Green House in Urubamba. My friend had the new goat cheese pizza and I had the ravioli (homemade pasta by Eduardo...to die for). We also had the chicha morada. The meal started with garlic bread and one of the best salads I've ever had in Peru. Then, we had the pizza and ravioli...we couldn't stop talking about how good it was! The chicha was blended with ice and, yes, it was the best chicha I've had in Peru!! I can't say enough good things about this place. You must check it out... And say hello to Eduardo. He's a wonderful host.