With an ultra modern sophisticated entrance, I was expecting the room to be the same. However, it was more oriental with overblown decoration on the headboard - not to my taste. Although the hotel location is stunning, our room overlooked the next accommodation block and we had no view of the surrounding mountains. The bathroom had a huge whirlpool bath which was fun to bathe in but was covered in small flies the next morning which had to be dispatched before we could shower. The connecting door between the bathroom and bedroom was glass letting light in the bedroom during night time trips to the bathroom and waking room mates.
The bar food was good and plentiful - we didn't eat in the restaurant.
There is a huge spa and I got a good manicure. The fitness centre looked well equipped but it’s a shame the swimming pool isn't heated.
As for the rest of the hotel, there is an art gallery, museum, cinema with popcorn vendor, church, fishing pier, peacocks, lamas and an orchid house. It feels as if they are trying a bit too hard to please everyone rather than letting the beauty of the surroundings speak for themselves. I'm also not sure why they think it’s necessary to play piped music outside the rooms (and which can be heard inside them).
A word of warning - leave the high heels at home. The polished floor is lethal - I slipped over and still have the bruises on my posterior over a week later!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The riverside lands of an 18-century colonial hacienda have been restored into an exclusive 115-room hotel, comprising rural elegance within the hacienda and minimalist design in the modern deluxe rooms. Replete with three restaurants including a vegetarian cove, a 2500 sq meter spa & wellness centre with three hydrotherapy pools, meeting and conferences facilities, art gallery, on-site museum, orchid pyramid and movie room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel And Wellness
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Urubamba
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness Peru/Urubamba