When we pulled in to the Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel late at night it was like we were stepping in to another world. When we woke the next morning we felt that were truly in another world. After the train journey from Aguas Calientes and then a fairly lengthy bus ride from Ollantaytambo through rural dusty terrain which was very basic by comparison to the resort it was a great surprise to find somewhere as stunning as the Aranwa Sacred valley.
Our room was huge. A massive master bedroom with enormous bed and a large ante room with antique furniture and artworks overlooking a lovely courtyard that reminded us of a Spanish parador. The gardens and grounds were divine. Peacocks roamed around citrus and stonefruit trees surrounding a gorgeous pool area which was adjacent to ornamental ponds and a delightful chapel. All set in gardens which featured an amazing array of plants and flowers and with a stunning mountain backdrop.
The one disappointment came over dinner. The service was good but very overdone - they tried too hard and the food was nice but failed to live up to the overall standard of the resort. The wine list was a complete joke. They had run out of most selections on the list and kept trying to fob us off with varieties that we really didn't want. We ended up plumping for the best of a pretty poor selection.
Breakfast was plentiful with a good quality range of typical breakfast fare in a bright and sunny room overlooking the pool.
In fairness our stay was just one night on our way through from Machu Picchu to Cusco so our dinner experience could have been an aberration. Certainly our overall view was that we wished we could have had a longer stay to fully enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The riverside lands of an 18-century colonial hacienda have been restored into an exclusive 115-room hotel, comprising rural elegance within the hacienda and minimalist design in the modern deluxe rooms. Replete with three restaurants including a vegetarian cove, a 2500 sq meter spa & wellness centre with three hydrotherapy pools, meeting and conferences facilities, art gallery, on-site museum, orchid pyramid and movie room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel And Wellness
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Urubamba
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness Peru/Urubamba