This is one of the best hotels we've stayed in. You can get info on its facilities and beautiful rooms in other reviews, what I wanted to point out is that this hotel is quite isolated. The road to get it is a dirty road and there is no way you'll be able to go out on your own. You'll need a taxi to go anywhere. Urubamba has little to see and view, so if you're going to visit the sacred valley you'll need a taxi to go to Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Maras y Moray. The hotel works with a taxi company that is quite expensive, after the first times we went with them, we found another taxi that was as good and much cheaper. To go to Pisac you'll need 30-45 mins and the same to go to Ollantaytambo so, despite it's in the middle of Sacred Valley, it's not very convenient. We spent a lot for taxis so make sure you're willing to pay much extra in transport to be able to stay in such magnificent hotel.
One important tip: if you want to get transportation from Cusco airport to the hotel, make sure you ask the hotel to book a taxi for you; please specify this so they won't send you the Hotel taxi, which is 65 USD vs 33 USD (90 soles) of the normal taxi. We didn't know this and they sent us their van for 65 USD, because our flight from Lima (please avoid flying with TACA if you can) got cancelled, the hotel told us that we had to pay the taxi that came to pick us up (which is fair). When they asked if we wanted them to come back the following day, we said no because their taxi would have been too much expensive, at that point they said it would be only 90 soles, so I thought I misunderstood the initial price and said I would be happy to pay them the 90 soles of the first day and the 90 soles of the following day, which they confirmed. At check out they charged 50 USD instead of 90 soles, saying it wasn't true that they confirmed that we had to pay 180 soles. WE didn't argue and paid but left a bit disappointed.
Overall is a good hotel, if you look for a more lively location, look at Ollantaytambo instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The riverside lands of an 18-century colonial hacienda have been restored into an exclusive 115-room hotel, comprising rural elegance within the hacienda and minimalist design in the modern deluxe rooms. Replete with three restaurants including a vegetarian cove, a 2500 sq meter spa & wellness centre with three hydrotherapy pools, meeting and conferences facilities, art gallery, on-site museum, orchid pyramid and movie room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel And Wellness
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Urubamba
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness Peru/Urubamba