My daughter (18) and I (her mother, 50) stayed at this beautiful hotel after a day hiking in Macchu Picchu. Around 10:00 PM in the evening, with our lights out and in bed sleepinig. I heard someone unlocking our door. I immediatly called down to the Front Desk regarding the incident. Around five minutes later, I got up went to the door and realized that the door is not equipped with an inside safety lock. Someone was on the other side of the door, I called out thinking it was the Front Desk/Security - it was not. I called down to the Front Desk again - and was told again that they would let me know the situation. They never called. In the AM, after a very unrestful night, I went to the Front Desk and asked for an incident report - the Morning Front Desk personnell had no knowledge of the events of the prior evening regarding our break-in. The manager was not available. We were also staying at the Aranwa property in Cusco - the manager finally called us the morning we were leaving and did not have an answer - he only said that the security personnel on duty that night was off and he was waiting for him to arrive at work that day. The hotel is beautiful, however, I will never stay at another hotel without an inside safety lock. I took pictures and sent to Aranwa Corporate and never heard from them. I guess the safety of one female customer with her daughter is not of their concern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The riverside lands of an 18-century colonial hacienda have been restored into an exclusive 115-room hotel, comprising rural elegance within the hacienda and minimalist design in the modern deluxe rooms. Replete with three restaurants including a vegetarian cove, a 2500 sq meter spa & wellness centre with three hydrotherapy pools, meeting and conferences facilities, art gallery, on-site museum, orchid pyramid and movie room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel And Wellness
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Urubamba
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness Peru/Urubamba