Villa Urubamba Sacred Valley
Willka Rumi(Urubamba)
Inti Nan Hotel(Urubamba)
Ecoandina Hotel(Urubamba)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooms are basicrestful spotsacred valleyseparate barsinging birdsbeautiful groundsmachu picchutour groupresident dogpeaceful sanctuaryyoga roomhighly recommend this propertygates openedhuge bedinca trailstayed two nightsspent one night here
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2009

We had the pleasure of staying here at the end of August 2009. Everything good that can be said of this place has already been posted by other people o nthis site. Rocio and Juan are fabulous people and really care about their guests. karla is amazing as well. JImmy in the restuarant - who was learning Englsih when we were there is so hepful as well. All the cleaning and ground staff are also very friendly. The service is 5 star and the accommodation is very comfortable. We felt so at home. We found the skylight in the room woke us up early in the mornign and Juan offered to get up on the roof and cover it for us - that is service. I love palnts and Rocio and I had a greta time discussing the plants in the garden and her plans for making the garden more beautiful ( if this is possible). I would recommend this place as a great relaxing place to stay whilst explring the sacred valley. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2009

If you're visiting Sacred Valley, Villa Urubamba Lodge is the place to stay. After trekking the mountains of Peru for 7 days, I split from my group for some R & R in Sacred Valley. It was AMAZING in every way. To start, words cannot describe Karla's first rate service. From the minute I arrived to the minute I left, she did everything she possibly could to make me feel at home. I happened to be the only guest in the lodge for most of my stay (lucked out in between two big groups), so I also had the undivided attention of Rocio & Juan, the general managers. On at least two occasions, we stayed up late talking and bonding. They are a wonderful couple full of insight and hearts of gold. On the my last night, we celebrated w/a bonfire and I introduced them to s'mores. I formed friendships and gained life lessons there. A true spiritual sanctuary. I have every intention of keeping in touch with them for a life time. You will love each minute of your stay!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2009

We stayed at Villa Urubamba during our honeymoon in August 2009.
It was one of the best places we stayed during our time in Peru. The service from Karla was first class, and we were both made to feel so welcome.

The location is a little gem, hidden away from the beaten track. The garden is beautiful, with a waterfall, a hummingbird even paid us a visit! It's even better in real life than the photos!

We ordered a honeymoon room for our first night, for US$50 extra, which offered flowers, "champagne" (actually very sweet fizz) and a box of chocolates. I only realised when I got home that breakfast in bed was apparently on offer, we went to the dining room for ours. We actually got the same room on our standard night without the extras.

Having read the previous reviews, I was a little disappointed with the breakfast and the speed of food preparation was slow.
Also the card machine had several problems with my CHIP and PIN - eventually it went through, but it may be wise to bring enough cash to pay. That's the only reason I score it 4/5, as the service undeniably deserves 5 stars.

But it does not matter - you will be too relaxed in this place to care! This is the sort of place that you come to to forget about the time and the pressures in everyday life where time rules.

Karla was very good, nothing was a problem. I should also mention the horse trekking trip that Karla and her colleague organised for us at short notice. It was the first time either of us had gone horse trekking, but it was a great way to experience the incredible salt mines at Salineras. We even got invited to breakfast, met the family and it felt like a day out with some locals - a really unique experience and one I'd recommend.

I would recommend Villa Urubamba to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank itchyfooty
Reviewed June 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Villa Urubamba for two nights in April 2009. I must say that this was our best accomodation during our three week tour in Peru. Our room was big, had a comfortable bed and was very clean. Besides, the breakfast was fabulous. The little resort has a lovely garden and the mangers, Juan and Rosio, are so nice and friendly. When leaving the hotel, they took us by car to they train station in Ollantaytambo, they helped us boarding the train to Aguas Calientes and they stayed at the station until the train left. It's a pity that Villa Urubamba is so far away from Stockholm. We really would like to go back soon.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Going to or from Inca Trail, this is the place to rest and energize. Delicious food, sweet and friendly staff, activities such as horseback riding or rafting, a wonderful and artfully tended garden, peaceful spaces, hummingbirds, wonderful rooms... this is how it should be!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends