“Quaint, lovely restaurant”
Review of El Huacatay

El Huacatay
Ranked #3 of 82 Restaurants in Urubamba
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This restaurant is quite small in the main room (maybe 5 tables), but there are several other areas to eat such as the bar and gardens. The service was very friendly and well paced. The food was excellent - our favorite restaurant in Urubamba.

1  Thank BadcopBubby
There are newer reviews for El Huacatay

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I arrived unannounced and found the restaurant fully booked. But the staff went out of their way to set up a table for us on the patio together with a gas heater to ward off the evening chill. The food and service were excellent and we would definitely go back again if we were in the area.

2  Thank Iain C
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stumbled here accidentally as I was walking around the street alleys, the menu is extensive, but we opt for their famous cuy, I think I had the roasted cuy w some potatoes and veggies. the presentation was pretty, but it's much smaller than I expected, although I never had one, waitress was very friendly, there's a couple pieces that's not fully cooked, she took it back pleasantly and recook it for us. Overall, i like the flavor, the texture is abit too gamey for my taste.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had wonderful food here and ate at the restaurant for lunch and dinner. Service was spotty during dinner service, with two of our 7 entrees not arriving until everyone else was finished eating. But, we realize we're not in the US and try to enjoy the food and atmosphere and ignore less than stellar service.

1  Thank Steph V
Reviewed May 23, 2014

When I went to the restaurant I was amazed at the quality of the food. The details of the chef and owner to his guests is amazing and cannot say enough how delicious the food is. The chef/owner came to our table and gave us recommendations and offered some tasting plates that my wife and I loved. Also to note are the drinks served here, different and delicious. This is a true Peruvian culinary experience and Chef Pio is amazing! I recommend this restaurant to any tourist that not only wants delicious food, but also fresh and in an environment that really interacts with your senses. 100% recommendation to all!!

3  Thank Roger K