“Charming beautiful spot”
Review of Melissa Wasi

Melissa Wasi
Ranked #3 of 19 Pisac B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Very charming place with a romántica view if the Sacred Valley. Delicious menu and the owners are so adorable. As usual, I ordered the pizza and it was Espectacular! Definitely a must if you come to visit the cute nearby toen of Pisac.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Melissa Wasi

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed here for nine days during a retreat. It was such a welcoming, serene setting that I decided to continue the rest of my vacation there - even while I traveled to Machu Picchu for 3 days. Joyce and Joe (owners, I believe) are simply wonderful! I believe the pricing is very competitive, but I saw no need to even check elsewhere. I'm planning another trip to Pisac in August and I know I'll be staying here. Like I told them upon returning from Machu Picchu, "It sure is good to be 'home' again!"

I'm a single female and I didn't feel the need to lock my door! It's a unique set-up here.

Room Tip: I was very happy with my room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2014

A real highlight of my trip to Peru. A tranquil peaceful location away from the noise of the town. Stunning views of the mountains and rustic style comfortable accommodation. There were friendly helpful staff, a laid back atmosphere, beautiful gardens, and an excellent breakfast including freshly cooked pancakes. And it really can't go without being mentioned, your charming warm host Chito.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Unfoldment
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Had the most wonderful experience here. If you're looking for a break somewhere beautiful, i highly recommend Melissa Wasi. The staff is amazing and Chito, the owner, is incredibly warm and accomodating. Best breakfast i had in 7 months in South America.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Sk0ne
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My friends and I did an ayahuasca ceremony here one night and then came back to Pisac just to hang out here for a week. The breakfasts were great, the scenery was beautiful, and Chito was a very gracious host. He was extremely accommodating and honored any request we ever had. Every morning after breakfast we would go hang out in a beautiful room above the breakfast barn that was a sort of yoga room built into the side of the mountain. The view of the valleys from the room was stellar, and we could sit in there on our computers, drawing or doing yoga. The walk to town is about 15 minutes, but its a beautiful walk and we were happy to stay somewhere with more natural surroundings.

Room Tip: Bungalow 2 or 3 are the best bungalows.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Melissa-Wasi is a beautiful place with a big garden and excellent staff. Located in the valley of Pisac with mountains on all sides. When you get up in the morning and see the sun rising up over those mountains you will never want to leave! The beds are big and comfortable and the food is amazing! We were there as part of an Ayahuasca Retreat and we couldn't be happier with our stay. If you're planning on going to Peru for an Ayahuasca experience, Pisac and Melissa-Wasi is the perfect place (for me, the only place). I can not imagine that there's a better place for just that. The people are so nice and do everything they can to make you feel like you're part of the Pisac-family. This was my second time in Peru, and my second time in Melissa-Wasi, and it will not be my last. I will allways come back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BigKentz
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I spent two nights at Melissa Wasi in one of the bungalows. The grounds were beautiful and the staff made sure we had more than enough firewood during our stay. The bungalow is very spacious with bedding, towels and kitchen equipment available. One word of caution - the bedroom loft area can get very slippery so watch your step! Breakfast in the dining room was delicious and I would definitely recommend their breakfast pancakes! Joyce and Chito are incredibly kind and generous. They lent us walking sticks for our hike to the Pisac ruins and did not hesitate to call us a cab whenever we needed it - Juan is the best! He even came to find us in town to take us back to the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anybody who wants a peaceful and comfortable stay in the Sacred Valley.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jina S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pisac
Royal Inka Hotel Pisac
#1 of 19 in Pisac
La Casa Del Conde
La Casa Del Conde
#2 of 19 in Pisac

Been to Melissa Wasi? Share your experiences!