“A Delightful Little Hotel -- The Pisac Inn”
Review of Pisac Inn

Pisac Inn
Ranked #1 of 20 Pisac B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 7, 2014

When my husband and I decided to go to Peru to visit our granddaughter and her boyfriend, who were spending about six weeks there, I went to the Internet to find accommodations in Pisac, the town where they would be staying during our time with them. I found several hotels and hostals listed; however, as soon as I saw photos of The Pisac Inn, I was hooked. The Inn was for us, just based on the photos!

I have booked a lot of hotels on the Internet and have been unpleasantly surprised by many because the photos just weren’t representative of the hotels themselves. Not so with The Pisac Inn! I just knew from the messages that I received from Roxana, the sweet communicator at the Inn, that we’d love the facility. Roxana made us feel welcome even before we arrived. Plus . . . our granddaughter checked out the Inn when they got there (about two weeks ahead of us), and she said, “Grammy, you made the right choice!”

When we arrived, the young ladies on duty at registration that afternoon welcomed us with open arms. Almost immediately after we went to our room, one of them brought coca tea to us. Delicious and delightful and a must to give us energy for the evening!

A true serendipity awaited us when we went down for breakfast on our first morning – Jose, our most hospitable host. We had a choice of fresh fruit salad with yogurt or scrambled eggs, both served with coffee/tea and rolls/butter/homemade jam. My husband assured him that he wanted the fruit salad but WITHOUT yogurt. Jose just smiled and granted him his wish. Each day, Jose visited with us while we ate breakfast, filling us in on local attractions, giving us history “lessons,” and just in general charming us with his hospitality. Of course, if we hadn’t wanted to talk to him while we ate, he wouldn’t have imposed himself on us. We just happen to like to chat! On the day before we were to leave, Jose informed us that there would be a strike in Cuzco the next day and that we would need to depart in the wee hours of the morning in order to avoid it. He immediately arranged for a cab to come for us at 4:00 a.m. the next day. Later that afternoon, he gave us an update, telling us that the strike would begin at midnight and that we needed to leave right after dinner so that we could spend the night in Cuzco. He reserved a room for us as soon as we gave him the go ahead, and he also arranged for the cab to be at the Inn to take us to Cuzco around 8:00 p.m. If he hadn’t been so caring for his guests, we’d have missed our plane home.

Our room at The Pisac Inn was lovely, just the way it was on the Internet, and it was immaculate. The housekeeper, like the innkeepers, was so friendly and efficient. And the restaurant . . . well, you’ll have to eat there to believe that we had our best Peruvian food right at the Inn! Absolutely delicious!

I can’t say enough nice things about The Pisac Inn and all who work there. We plan to go back to Pisac someday, and Jose and Roxana’s Inn will once again be our “home away from home”!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Pisac Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Pisac Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words to describe your stay at Pisac Inn. We try our very best to maintain a high level of customer service to our guests. It sounds like you got it. I'm very proud of not just Roxana and Jose, but all of our staff. Please recommend Pisac Inn to those that maybe traveling to Pisac in the future. Like us on Facebook as well.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Comfortable rooms in an excellent location. A good breakfast served in a small but cosy inner courtyard. What more could the traveller wish for ...........?. A first floor balcony overlooking the central market square; the Pisac Inn has even this delightful feature. From your vantage point above you may discreetly observe, but not been seen. Pisac is well worth a visit of at least three days, and the Pisac Inn is the place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pisac Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Pisac Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Ian, thank you for writing in about your wonderful stay at the Pisac Inn. It is always helpful for our staff and travelers to know from our guests how their stay was. May you have an amazing new year and come back soon to see us.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The Pisac Inn, is a hard-to-beat value for the money. The location in the small village of Pisac is excellent: right on the main small Plaza (which was surprisingly quiet). The restaurant had a limited offering on the menu, but the food was very good. The staff was GREAT: responsive, helpful, attentive, courteous. The rooms, while a bit small and somewhat basic, were clean, quiet, and comfortable (and excellent high-count sheets on the bed). The inn is thoughtfully laid out with a nice large communal reading/TV/Internet room, and a small semi-outdoor patio for lounging. I would describe the inn as small but quaint, comfortable, clean and an EXCELLENT value.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Pisac Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Pisac Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

I'm happy to hear that you found Pisac Inn a wonderful place to stay while you were visiting Peru. We do our best to provide the best customer service, food and amenities. A little bit of home away from home (Santa Fe that is). I hope the rest of your visit went well.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We arrived at the Pisac Inn on foot after taking the bus from Ollantaytambo to Pisac and were immediately charmed by its appeal from the street. We walked into a bustling lunch crowd dining just to the left of the front desk in an inviting space with a view to the main plaza outside the door and a fireplace between those windows and the bar. We were quickly greeted by a man we assumed was one of the two brothers who owns the place, and he led us through the lovely courtyard, also abuzz with diners, to our room on the second floor. Our room was small, but clean and cozy, and, as our lonely planet guidebook promised, the walls throughout the inn were adorned with hand-painted designs. The street below was lively but never so noisy that it interfered with our sleep. The communal sitting room was located off the large courtyard that was lush with bougainvillea and other subtropical plants, both of which offered inviting spaces to hang out.

The complimentary breakfast was very good and included eggs cooked to order, bread with butter and homemade jam, fresh squeezed juice and tea or coffee. We also ate one late afternoon lunch at the inn at which we shared the quinoa soup, the seasonal potatoes with a tasty yellow sauce and a couple other dishes from the appetizer and soup sections of the menu and were very pleased with both the flavors and presentations. The staff, several of whom spoke English, were friendly and helpful, particularly with regard to giving us directions to bus and taxi stands. The hot water was generally reliable--- not always the case during our two weeks in Peru--- and the room was cleaned each day. The only negative thing I have to say about the Pisac Inn is that it had the least reliable Wi-Fi of anywhere we stayed or visited. We knew it would not be available in the rooms, but we often were unable to access it in the dining area, the courtyard or the communal sitting room. In fact, we got better service out on the street in front of Ulrike’s Café, which we could see from the window in our room.

Overall, I highly recommend the Pisac Inn even if it's a bit pricier than other places we stayed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy M

Hi. Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that your stay at Pisac Inn went well. I too wish that our Internet was a little faster and we could stay connected for longer periods of time. However, it is A true blessing and a curse at the same time. Nevertheless, we do our best to provide the best service. Come visit us again.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed 2 nights for total 350 soles in matrimonial room, breakfast incl. Ideal location, nice patio, calm environment, great room service, good bed. We had diner twice and loved it. Good advice for visiting ruins and sites in the neighborhood. Lost both my credit card and bankcard in taxi. They organized the such and find it. Always greatfull.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I'm so happy to hear that the Pisac Inn staff was able to help locate and get your credit cards back. I hope the rest of your trip to Peru went well.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great spot right on the square. They were a great help to my friend who was suffering from the altitude. Sent us to a pharmacy for some meds. and said the next day if not better would send him to a clinic. Luckily we didn't need the clinic and had a wonderful dinner. My friend had chicken soup!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Pisac Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Pisac Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the high altitude sickness your friend experencied. I'm glad you were taken care of by our wonderful staff at the Pisac Inn. It is what they are aware of and know how to take care of our guests. Customer service is our first priority.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The location is perfect, right on the main square. And the property is beautiful with lots of plants and a view of the ruins. They have a very good restaurant on site, plus they offered complimentary tea in the afternoons. I'm not a huge tea fan, but I had the best cup of chamomile tea I've ever had! The rooms were very nice too. We were towards the back on the side right above the street, but the streets are pretty quiet after dark. The only thing is that I had to watch my head. I'm taller than whoever built the place and I kept bumping my head. Other than that, it was a great place to stay and I'd definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pisac Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Pisac Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for your review Bob. I'm happy to hear your stay went well at Pisac Inn. When you do return, you may request to change rooms . Yes, I know the room you were in and it does have a low entry. It is also our quietest room too. What did you eat at Cuchara de Palo? The restaurant menu is amazing. Hope the rest of your visit in Peru went well.