“Great place to stay”
Review of Pisac Inn

Pisac Inn
Ranked #1 of 20 Pisac B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The location is perfect, right on the main square. And the property is beautiful with lots of plants and a view of the ruins. They have a very good restaurant on site, plus they offered complimentary tea in the afternoons. I'm not a huge tea fan, but I had the best cup of chamomile tea I've ever had! The rooms were very nice too. We were towards the back on the side right above the street, but the streets are pretty quiet after dark. The only thing is that I had to watch my head. I'm taller than whoever built the place and I kept bumping my head. Other than that, it was a great place to stay and I'd definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pisac Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Pisac Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for your review Bob. I'm happy to hear your stay went well at Pisac Inn. When you do return, you may request to change rooms . Yes, I know the room you were in and it does have a low entry. It is also our quietest room too. What did you eat at Cuchara de Palo? The restaurant menu is amazing. Hope the rest of your visit in Peru went well.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I had the trip of a lifetime with Roman and Fielding. Every day was a special adventure ... exploring the fascinating history of Peru, culture and ruins; spending a magical day the Amaru people/sharing their lunch; exploring the craft markets, searching for treasures; and enjoying the fresh, sumptuous flavors of Peruvian cuisine. But nothing was more special than coming home every night to the Pisac Inn and being greeted by the warm, loving reception of the staff. Pisac Inn is at the top of my charts for one of the most charming and delightful places I have ever stayed. It is a true "jewel" in the Sacred Valley. I give it 5 stars!!!

Room Tip: Talk to the owners (Fielding) about what you want and she will try to do her best to accomodate your...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank doglover2009
Pisac Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Pisac Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear doglover2009' thank you for your review and most importantly for staying with us at Pisac Inn. I'm glad that you took advantage of the wonderful tour that Fielding and Roman provide. It is the best in the sacred valley. Customer service is very important to our staff at the hotel and our restaurant, Cuchara de Palo. As for your room tip, for those that are reading this, unfortunately as much as everyone would like, the gracious owners Fielding and Roman can not be at the hotel at all times. They are a very busy couple with more projects than the hotel and restaurant. If you do see them, please do ask questions or any of the staff.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have been to Peru six times and I always stay at the Pisac Inn. Weather I am traveling alone, with my family, or with a group, the staff at the Pisac Inn has always made me feel welcome and accommodated my needs. The atmosphere is very comfortable, there are cozy common sitting rooms, a balcony overlooking the plaza, and a lovely patio to regroup and contemplate the many experiences to be had in the area. Even though the Inn is right on the Plaza, which makes you feel part of the action, the rooms are like sanctuaries of rest and peace, with tasteful decor, warm, soft blankets, and private bathrooms with sweet details like local, handmade soaps and fresh flowers. The muy sabrosa food at the Cucharra de Palo restaurant, and the wood fired oven pizzas top off the experience! I also appreciate that they encourage (and fill) reusable water bottles and provide recycling for plastic water bottles. I will be staying there again when I go back to the Sacred Valley next year and always recommend the Pisac Inn as a home away from home to others visiting Peru.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Pisac Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Pisac Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing PIsac Inn to stay everytime you come to Pisac Peru. Your review is perfect and hope that every time will be even better than the last time. Please let us know how we are doing and tell your friends and family to come and stay with us.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Pisac Inn was a lovely place to spend a few days. Right on the square it was a great location for the market. The staff was extremely helpful with transportation questions. They chatted with us after dinner there and we learned a lot about local customs. They provided unlimited water for us ( asked for a small donation), our bed was comfortable and there was a sweet balcony overlooking the square where we sat and read. The Blue Llama restaurant at the next corner was a wonderful place to eat with great hot chocolate!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us while you came to Peru. I hope your whole trip here was amazing. Come visit us again.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was a lovely Inn. It is located right by the market. We had made arrangements to be picked up at the Cuzco airport. We made Pisac our first night in the Sacred Valley staying at a lower elevation. The room was very comfortable. We had our best meals at the Pisac Inn. The fish was delicious. We'd also recommend the Blue Llama for dinner right next door.

This was one of our favorite places in the Sacred Valley.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at the Pisac Inn for 3 days & 2 nights. The room was clean and had everything but was very small. The "matrimonial bed" is just a double size even though they advertise it as a queen, so it was tight for us. There were plenty of blankets provided but no space heaters were available and the room (especially the bathroom) was freezing. It was an OK place to stay and the location was perfect.
My big problem with this place was the fact that there were two groups of about 8 and 10 people there at the same time as us. These two groups were clearly "more important" than anyone else staying there. Every breakfast and dinner they had the dining room set up with pretty table settings, place mats, cloth napkins and all reserved for them. Nobody else was allowed to sit by the warm fire. The only other table in the dining room was a plain wood table where we could sit if it was available. There were other tables outside of the dining room where we could sit in the cold. If we arrived for breakfast at the same time, the group received all the service while we waited. Our last day there, another gentleman was complaining about the same thing and was told that they were from a travel agency. Shouldn't ALL of your paying guests be treated equally? I would not go back for this reason.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Pisac Inn H, Public Relations Manager at Pisac Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for choosing Pisac Inn to stay while you were in Peru. We appreciate your comments in your review and would like to first apologize for the few things that you commented on. As for the size of your bed, we will reevaluate our website so it is more appropriate to what you expected and maybe to others as well. Our guests are always welcome to change rooms, upon availability,
if it is not to their expectations. As for space heaters in the rooms and hotel, we have looked into this but could not financially support (the cost of electricity in Peru is very high)or facilitate this project, therefore we do offer hot water bottles and additional blankets. Pisac Inn is also an open roof hotel which is hard to regulate the temperature.
Pisac Inn also accommodates tour groups that register under a special priced package that would include a different set up, meal, room and get specialized tours. We try our best to accommodate all of our guests, whether they are on a tour package or not. The tour groups pay more for what you might have perceived as special attention and not realize who they were.There is no way that we could close our hotel for them therefore we just need to share the space for everyone. I believe that my staff had indicated this to you while you were there. Again, I'm sorry if it wasnt clear enough. Thank you again for staying with us for 3 days and your review. We hope the rest of your travel here went extremely well.....Dawn, Pisac Inn customer relations

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great service, perfect location, comfortable rooms, strong hot shower, delicious breakfast. Complementary bottle of water to brush teeth with and hairdryer already in room. Wonderful!

The cold weather during my visit made clear that although there is a lovely fire in the dining room, this was insufficient to overcome the fact that most doorways were kept open during the day and most rooms give directly to the exterior courtyard of the property. Luckily, the hairdryer in the room served to warm up the bed before getting in!

Be aware that in Peru, people dine and retire early; when I returned to the Inn at 9pm, preparing to get an early night, I found it locked and bolted and everyone asleep! Of course, they let me in, but I felt guilty for waking them up and no-one had warned me about this.

These points are for your information only because it's better to be aware. They would not stop me from revisiting the Pisac Inn again; I very much enjoyed my stay there!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MwizaWacu

Thank you for your review and most importantly staying at Pisac Inn. My apologies for the "locked door" at 9pm. Upon check in our staff should had told you and I will make sure they do for all guests. Since we are on the plaza street, we choose to do this for the other guests and staff that work late. Please keep us in mind to tell your family and friends who come visit Peru to stay with us.