“Beautiful Beginnings”
Review of La Casa Del Conde

La Casa Del Conde
Ranked #2 of 20 Pisac B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Two of my friends and I decided to go on a Peruvian excursion this summer. We started with our first two days in Pisaq, and decided Two of my friends and I decided to go on a Peruvian excursion this summer. We started with our first two days in Pisac, and decided to stay at La Casa Del Conde after reading the reviews. The hotel (bed and breakfast) arranged for a taxi to pick us up from the Cusco airport (about an hour away). We fell in love with the hotel instantly. The gardens are AMAZING. The breakfast served in the morning was also incredible (fresh fruit, fresh yogurt, espresso, fresh cheese, fresh bread, fresh juice, and this amazing cereal which is common in Peru). Since there were three of us, we stayed in a triple room (basically two big rooms with an excellent bathroom (in one room there was a large bed, in the other room there were two smaller beds). We had plenty of outlets, warm water for our showers, a refrigerator, etc. We also were able to get to know the family very well. They were so hospitable and friendly. In the mornings, they would ask us what we wanted to do and give us advice on where to go, and how to get there. In the evenings, they would ask us about our day upon our arrival back to our room. The hotel is about a five-minute walk from town, and we LOVED the separation. It was so peaceful, but yet so close; just perfect. We all decided that if we go back to Pisac, this is where we will be staying without a doubt. Hands down, you should book your stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights upon our arrival in Peru and it was the perfect way to start our vacation. Jose arranged a taxi to pick us up at the airport and checked on us every morning at breakfast to see if he could assist in making any other arrangements for us. The breakfasts were delicious and plentiful. The gardens were meticulously well maintained, the room we stayed in was very large and comfortable with a huge bathroom. We loved being a little outside town - much more peaceful and the short walk was very pleasant. They have a moto-taxi and will give you rides into town if you like - we only used that upon arrival and departure b/c of our luggage. The ruins above Pisac are far more extensive than I thought they would be - we enjoyed spending a day at the market and hiking up to the ruins. Another day we hired our taxi driver again to take us around to Chinchero, Moray and Maras. We couldn't have asked for a better place to explore the Sacred Valley!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shann0nTK
Cecilia S, Owner at La Casa Del Conde, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Shannon:

Thank you so much for your review. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at La Casa del Conde. Hope you can visit us again soon!
All our best!
Cecilia

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We spent 3 nights there to acclimate before going to higher altitudes. What a great spot,the grounds were beautiful, the breakfast was very substantial and Celia & Nora were so friendly and accommodating . The location is a short walk into town ( bring a flash light), it felt very safe.
Pisac is a wonderful town but La Casa was so comfortabe & nice I just wanted to hang around and relax. It was very quiet.
Ceclia speaks English and is very generous with her time & information. She arranged for our airport pick up and a taxi to Ollantaytambo with a few stops along the away.

Room Tip: Be sure to let her know if you want matrimonial or twins. I assumed she knew we were a couple, so be...
Reviewed May 16, 2013

La Casa del Conde is a true gem. I spent 2 days/1 night at this gorgeous place and wish I had added an extra night. It is a truly serene and beautiful place in a gorgeous garden nestled between the incredible mountains of Pisac. Cecilia is a truly a wonderful person and incredible hostess who makes you feel right at home. You can tell how much she loves this place in the way it looks and the energy that surrounds it. The rooms are very clean and so comfortable, hot water and tv, wifi and the best view one could ask for. Cecilia took great care of me as I was travelling alone and she made sure I knew where to eat and how to get around in the area, even arranging for safe modes of transportation between town, the hotel and Pisac ruins at all hours. The walk into town was however beautiful and so pleasant. Incredible views, animals and corn being laid out to dry in the fields... so nice. Wilber was wonderful in getting me places by car and even back to Cusco on the last day. Nora and Lucio were also amazing and so helpful in making my stay that much more special. I also enjoyed hanging out with Conde, Cecilia's dog, so cute and friendly :) and spent a good amount of time quietly relaxing and suntanning in the beautiful gardens. The breakfast was amazing. Fresh delicious fruit, cereal, yogurt, breads, cheese, eggs, juice and great coffee. So good!! I will go back to visit very soon again I hope. If in need of a stress free, quiet and beautiful spot, i highly recommend a visit here. This was most definitely one of the big highlights of my trip. Gracias Cecilia y amigos por todo!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Sunny:

Thanks so much for your review. It was wonderful having you guys here, we hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip in Peru.
All our best!
Cecilia

Reviewed May 13, 2013

What a lovely place, in every sense!

Cecelia and Nora as well made us feel like family. We were there with our 2 children (2 and 4) for 2 nights. We found it utterly stunning (gorgeous flowers and lush landscaping), comfortable (nice beds, hot water, etc.), and delicious (there was everything you could imagine at breakfast, and lots of it--fresh breads, fruit, cheese, coffee, juice, eggs to order, etc).

The location is fantastic, _including_ (not despite) the walk into town. Some reviews say it's far, but I have proof that a 23-month-old child can do it (both ways). It is a wonderful way to experience Pisac, from a peaceful oasis just outside the bustle. We walked in daylight hours and took a mototaxi (a 3 minute drive, very fun, only 5 soles) at night. I'm sure it's a safe walk at night too, but we needed to get the kids in bed, and it really is a thrill to take the mototaxi with kids. Cecilia helped us book a safe taxi to visit the ruins and also to get to Cusco. We were very satisfied with everything and were sorry we didn't stay longer! Cusco turned out to be stressful with kids (traffic), and La Casa del Conde was heaven.

The dog is very friendly and Cecilia takes very good care of him.

I'd heard the Pisac market was only on Sunday (from books), but in fact it is every day. I was glad we were not there on the main market day as there were probably more tourists.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a fantastic place to stay in Pisac - it's a little walk from the center of town, about 10 minutes, but that's enough to feel like you're in a private resort once you're at Casa del Conde. The property is enclosed and completely green and covered with flowers, and the view of the surrounding mountains is amazing. The breakfast included with the room rate was the best I had in the Sacred Valley, delicious and with great scenery while we ate. Great place to stay!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We just spent two nights at Casa del Conde and were thoroughly enchanted. The location is truly magical - serene, and green, with gorgeous little cabins in a lovely garden - with amazing vistas of the mountains and fields of Pisac. The short walk into town is easy and scenic - on an old Incan road, past corn fields and cows. If you are too tired to walk, no problem - take a moto-taxi for about $2, but walking home by moonlight after a nice dinner in town was part of the cultural experience of staying in the Sacred Valley.

Staying with Cecilia is like visiting a dear old friend. She doesn't smother you or intrude on your holiday, but is totally relaxed, and makes you feel the old adage, mi casa es su casa, truly applies. Her staff also are like family, and provide a magnificant service - lovely breakfasts, clean rooms, and a feeling that nothing is a problem.

Cecilia was like a one stop travel agency, with no commission. She arranged a driver (Wilbur) to meet us at the airport. Fee was very reasonable, and Wilbur is a very safe driver, who pointed out sites, and stopped at lookouts on the way to let us take photos of the incredible views. Day 2, again at a very fair rate, he took us up and waited while we visited the ruins above Pisac - a site not to be missed. He hooked us up with a wonderful English speaking guide who spent over 2.5 hours with us for only 50 soles. Day 3 he drove us to our next hotel in Ollantaytambo, making stops to see the amazing arqueological site of Moray, and salt mining pools near Maras.

To top things off, after we were dropped off at our next hotel, I realised I has stupidly left my passport in the room at Casa Del Conde. Total freak-out, until I rang Cecilia. Very calmly - no problem, she arranged for the lovely Wilbur to make the 3 hr return trip with my passport, early the next day before our train left. Sure we paid his fee again, but it was very reasonable, and we felt totally secure, and were not disappointed. Thanks Cecilia, Nora, Wilbur and Lucio!

1  Thank DandSSydney