“Eat elsewhere”

Restaurant Dona Clorinda
Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in Pisac
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Our private guide recommended this place for local cuisine. We arrived shortly after 2 other tables. More than an hour and a half later, none of us had been served. (We were all parties of 6-8, but we were the only 3 tables in the restaurant, so there was no excuse). Finally, our guide and driver helped serve the other two tables so that we could get our food. While most of the entrees were tasty, they got one order wrong--the substituted order was awful and went untouched. The waitress admitted the mistake, then charged us for it anyway. Would not recommend.

3  Thank travelluver222
There are newer reviews for Restaurant Dona Clorinda

Reviewed September 3, 2010

The food was delicious and the prices typical for tourist restaurants in Peru.

Reviewed May 23, 2010

Excellent stop on the road between Pisaq and Cusco. The buffet lunch had a wide assortment of traditional Peruvian dishes. Our bill was about $15 US per person.

Reviewed July 8, 2009

My husband took me there for our anniversary while we were in Pisac. They were so nice. They brought us a flower and candle when they found out it was our anniversary. They have menus in English and Spanish. My husband had a chile relleno, which he loved. I ordered the filet mignon, it came with a cream sauce of mushrooms and maybe some tomatoes. My steak was very good. It doesn't taste like american beef, though. It tastes more like the grass fed beef I buy here. You need to know a few things about eating in Peru. One, nothing will look like you expect it to. My steak was large and flat, not the fat, petite filets like in the U.S. Two, it came with a salad which is mixed vegetables, not a green salad. Three, everything in Peru comes with fries or 'papas'. Everything. Lastly, there are dogs, everywhere you go, even in the restaurants. There was a very nice large black dog wandering the restaurant. He was the cleanest dog I saw in the country.

We went back for lunch a few days later and had lunch. My grilled chicken was very good. I felt something under the table and thought it was a dog, when I lifted the table cloth, there was a baby deer at my feet. I was more than a little surprised. He was very cute, though. Our friends went there for dinner the next night and "Carlito" the deer, tried to eat some spaghetti from one of their plates. They were a little surprised too. The owner pulled him away from the table and was very apologetic. My friend called it "an awesome experience".

Sit outside, the view of the Andes is awesome, too.

Reviewed May 25, 2009

our guide to us here for lunch, shortly after arriving in the sacred valley. it does have a mention in the moon peru travel guide. although it seemed to take long time for food preparation- when it did arrive the food was fresh, tasty, prepared well, and generous. the price also seemed right. it does seem as though locals frequent this restaurant, as we did see several parties out for mother's day celebrations.

1  Thank midniterambler