“Best ceviche I had in Peru”

Papa's Andean Fusion Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 70 Restaurants in Ollantaytambo
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Montreal, Canada
“Best ceviche I had in Peru”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the owner of our hotel. We went there with our kids. They ordered pasta, which were ok at best (sweet and overcooked, as often found in Peru). However, my ceviche was very very good, probably the best I've had in Peru. The wine was ok too. Service was terrible, as they were focusing on one of the big group present at the same time as us. They almost ignored us. The price was a bit steep, as in many restaurants tailored for tourist.

• Visited July 2014

“Decent food, slightly overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I went here with my boyfriend last week, where he got a pesto chicken kabob plate and I got a chicken sandwich. They did not have pizza there (as noted on the menu), as I wanted. Their prices were not the best compared to other locations in Ollanta, but the food was pretty good too. Their service was amusing, although not good and somewhat unprepared. It's located near La Plaza in Ollanta which makes the walk short and convenient too.

• Visited July 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“Worst meal in Peru”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We were a large group with two other large groups and the kitchen and staff could not cope with the volume of people. Service very slow, took over an hour to get food. Ordered nachos which should be fairly easy dish but the meal was cold with cheese not melted and nachos were over fried. Alpaca carpaccio was also drowned in spicy sauce. The burger looked good and the beef lomo and Thai curry were well received by other guests. However, I also did not appreciate the Bar man drinking directly from a juice jug behind bar but in full view of customers.

Visited May 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Nice Restaurant in Ollantaytambo, Peru”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Had early dinner here before a quick overnight stay in Ollantaytambo. Peru. Varied menu with lots to choose from and priced economically. Food was good, freshly prepared - service top-notch. Make sure to have a Pisco Sour made on the spot.- mmmm! Easy walk right off the Plaza de Armas and one flight up. Clean and bright.

• Visited May 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food in Ollanta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

My hotel staff in Ollanta have recommended this Peruvian restaurant and I tried it on my first day as it is nicely located beside the main square. I ordered Chicken Tacutacu and Beef Skewer and I was very surprised by the presentation and generous quantity of the food. Nevertheless, the taste doesn't compromise with the volume of the food as I liked them so much that I visited them twice for dinner. And on my second visit, I ordered other main courses and paired with pisco sour. My dining experiences in Papa's were pleasant and I highly recommend this place for people visiting Ollanta.

• Visited May 2014