“Earthy, Good-to-the-bones cuisine”
Review of Il Piccolo Forno

Il Piccolo Forno
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Il Piccolo Forno T'antaruaq, is a little pizzeria-lasagneria, the baker (T'antaruaq in Quechua)is Italian. We have a lot of products home made, food to go and to stay, we have also gluten free opcion like pizzas, lasagnas and cookies. We have also locals organic products, like cafe', chocolate, marmelades, olive oil. Our day off is Monday
Dallas, Texas
“Earthy, Good-to-the-bones cuisine”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Definitely try the green lasagna! I haven't ever had anything like it. The pizza crust was also delicious and a departure from the typical "kind-of pizza" that you find in Peru. I wish they had a location in the States!

Seattle, Washington
“Great Food, Great People”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel and wound up going a total of 3 times in 5 days for the food and even more so for the people. Great pizzas, salads (perfectly dressed), baked goods, etc. But the people top it all! Very friendly, warm, and helpful. They even went out of their way to help us with the alteration/pick up of a satchel we purchased there. Highly recommend this place :)

Westminster, Maryland
“Excellent little eatery with great service”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

As someone who is gluten free living in Peru this was the first place that offered homemade gf goodies. The woman who served us made great suggestions and the gf lasagna was amazing, as was the salad- very different but the best salad I've had in Peru. We also bought some jams to bring home which were amazing. Also the homemade ice cream was divine. I will definitely be making the trip back (from cusco) just to get some more gf delights!!!

• Visited April 2014
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cutest place”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Loved this little place, especially the crispy chicken salad! The service was excellent, we returned several times!

Philadelphia
“Excellent pizza and ice cream”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The person who rated this lovely place "terrible" must have eaten at a different place: the waitress "yacked away" in Spanish? Perhaps this traveler did not notice that it is the official language of Peru? The owner, Mino, is Italian and makes very good pizza: the dough is friable and crusty, not elastic and chewy, but nonetheless very very good, and the cheese he has managed to find in Ollantaytambo substitutes adequately for mozzarella. The prosciutto is really good, and Sabrina, his wife, makes a great chocolate ice cream --I was told so by some other Italian friends because I was still on my "traveler's disease" diet. Locals come to il Piccolo Forno and there was no dog around. As for Sonia, the waitress, she was lovely and helpful. She brought me hot "mate de munia" which is good for the intestine. I am Italian and I grew up in South America. I can vouch that this place is genuine and the pizza is excellent. I wish I had had room in my only piece of luggage to take home some of Sabrina's jams. Both Mino and Sabrina are "graduates" of the Hearts Cafe (Sabrina was the manager) and that is a badge of concern with hygiene and sustainable development. I wish I had been able to stay longer in Ollanta and tasted all the things that they make.

• Visited April 2014