Once you get past the fact that you actually have to call the hostal directly (and that the people don't speak English) this is a great little place to stay.
The room and the bathroom were both a good size. The breakfast was standard. The courtyard is quite lovely and the location of the hostal ensures that there will be complete silence in the evening. We stayed in a ground level room which provided a little bit of a view of the ruins. However, I presume that one of the upper rooms would provide an outstanding view!
The hotwater seemed to be very reliable!
Our only complaint would be that the beds were very hard, that being said, we both slept well.
This was great value for a cheap price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer you comfortable and clean rooms with private bathrooms and 24 hour hot water, beautiful gardens and the best views of Ollantaytambo, together with all our attention and experience at your service, to make your visit to Ollantaytambo a unique and unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Las Orquideas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Las Orquideas Ollantaytambo
- Hotel Las Orquideas Ollantaytambo, Peru - Sacred Valley