“Visit the View”

Sacred Valley, Pisac and Chicón Mountain Full-Day Trip from Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed October 18, 2011

The ruins were the view from my hotel room and on my last day in Ollantaytambo, I finally visited them. I had a great guide, Alberto, whom I met at the ruins. He was very informative and I had plenty of time to explore. There is something fascinating about the Bath of the Princess - the fountain turns on and off!

1  Thank BeenthereNC

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Nice ruins, easy to get around. Well worth visiting. Ollantaytambo is a very interesting town.

1  Thank ERDFirefighter
Reviewed October 13, 2011

It is not only the largest occupied settlements in the Americas but is is also imposing. My guide said we will walk to the top and take our time. You need about 2 hours to do it right.
Everyone who walked it encouraged the next person that they could make it.
A great 360 degree view was well worth it!!

1  Thank Magictravelnow
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I was on a tour. We arrived a bit late in the day due to a prolonged lunch on the way in (the temple closes quite early ie around 5). Its one of my biggest regrets of the whole tour as I think this temple is really something very special. I loved Manchu Pichu (of course) but actually felt more energy in a lot of the various locations here. Would definitely need a good tour book or tour guide otherwise wouldnt know or understand all the aspects found within this temple area. There is a lot of history and crooks and crannies to be had here. There is a market directly outside of the temple and it had a lot of history books that I never saw again for the rest of the tour. All in all - wish I had known more about this temple before arriving and wish I had been able to spend more time here. Beware though.. there is no shortage of stairs to look around this location !

2  Thank KarenB_007
Reviewed September 22, 2011

This may have been my favorite Inca ruin. It was STUNNING. My pictures from here are always the ones that get an, "oh my lord, where is that?". It was great. We had a very interesting tour here, had great food, had fun shopping in the market and generally enjoying the views. I mean, literally the only thing that bothered me here was that one waitress tried to charge me tax, but when I said no, I'm not dumb, that was the end of it. I highly, highly recommend visiting Ollantaytambo.

1  Thank Meg9889