I cannot say enough great things about El Albergue. We had planned on getting there for dinner at 8:20 PM after our long day hiking Machu Picchu. However, PeruRail had other plans. We didn’t get there until after 9PM, but they kept the restaurant open for us so we could have dinner. The restaurant was incredible romantic and beautiful, and they had delicious food. Our room was quite large, and the bed and comforter were very plush and soft. After dinner, Luke, the manager, made me a eucalyptus sauna. This was an old school sauna – wood burning, and small, but really cool. The garden area, and really all of El Albergue, were charming and well manicured. I could have stayed there for many more days. But what really made it, was the staff. Luke, Sergio, and everyone else was so accomadating, they really did make us feel like we were a guest in a friend’s home. On a side note, we also got a box lunch to go, and it was incredible! Everything in it was delicious. El Albergue alone is a reason to stay in Ollyataytambo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley