Ollentaytambo is the place to connect with the Inca past (ruins, Inca Trails, village life and people) and El Albergue is the place to stay. I always enjoy the colorful enclosed flower garden gazing upon the mountains. The quinoa salad and other chef prepared meals are wonderful. After a day hiking the Inca trail the sauna will feel great. Take the time to make a trip to a remote mountain village observing the villagers daily life. The staff will make you feel welcome helping you enjoy each precious moment. I have stayed twice before and I plan to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley