Friends in the UK recommended "the place right on the station platform" to us and we can fully understand why. If Machu Picchu is part of your Peru itinerary, the Albergue makes getting there all-but-painless. On the outbound journey, you really can walk straight from your breakfast table (taking their good-value packed lunch bags with you) to your reserved seat on the train. You skip the half-hour check-in at the Perurail security gate because you're already on the "train side". On the way back, it's even better: you can be sipping your complimentary pisco sour within 5 minutes of the evening train returning from Aguas Calientes and seated in the Albergue's restaurant (after a restorative hot shower and change of clothes) within 15. With luck, you may even find that their eucalyptus-powered sauna has already been fired up, so you can soothe all those tired post-trek muscles before tucking into a delicious alpaca steak and bottle of Chilean merlot... Pity the poor turistas flogging back to Cuzco by bus or train that night (or even walking 600 mts up the unsurfaced track to their hostals in Ollantay village)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley