2 nights on the way from Cusco to MP. We had a room in the garden at the back so no train noise to speak of. Lovely room, warm, comfortable, lots of hot water, electric sockets that take American and European plugs. Breakfast wasn't the best. Juice I think was papaya, not cold and tasteless. Coffee and tea ok. Choice of hot food quite interesting, second morning I had Tacu Tacu, refried beans and rice pancake with 2 fried eggs! Yummy. Both mornings I asked for a side of bacon but it NEVER arrived!
If you have an upstairs room, don't walk round at 5am in stiletto heels as did our upstairs neighbour this morning. That's what it sounded like anyway. Inconsiderate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley