We recently spend about 18 days traveling through Argentina and Peru, and El Albergue was my favorite hotel. We had room 16, an upstairs corner room, and it was so lovely, with a great view of the mountains. The inn was just beautiful with a spectacular garden. The bar and restaurant were both excellent, and the location, right in the train station, was super convenient for taking the train to MP. It was our first stop in Peru, and really removed a lot of the stress of visiting MP. Ollantaytambo was a lovely town and definitely worth a day or two.
My only quibble is the hotel price in dollars, and the exchange rate they used was very unfavorable when we had to pay in soles (we ran out of $USD while in Argentina). So, bring enough dollars to pay for your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley