right on the train station.....never had this opportunity before !!! And you expect very little.....till u walk in and you find the most quaint romantic and absolutely lovely cottages with wooden stairs and old fashioned wooden beds and everything so quaint in this hotel. We just loved this place. The first few hours we were excited to hear the trains.....and then it was quiet as.....their restaurant is really nice.....yummy pancakes and maple syrup and great smelling fried eggs and toast. I just wish i had a few more days here. Staff very very friendly and wonderful. And again thanks to ECS travel peru who booked us here..........literaly Hop skip and Jump and we were in our train to MP..........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley