This charming Bed and Breakfast is within the train station so getting to the train was no problem at all.
The guest room was quaint and kind of old timey feeling, especially the super creaky floor and bed. Honestly when the train isn't running this is a very quite area and each step I took to and from the bathroom at night or each time I rolled over in my bed I felt very sorry for the folks in the room next door. The bedding was crisp and clean, the bed was right out of another era. Really quite uncomfortable, kind of lumpy and real firm...
The hot water for the shower was hit and miss alternately shockingly cold water or scalding hot.
The breakfast was very good, (fresh blueberry jam for the toast) we also had dinner in the restaurant, and it was...okay. They did have live music which was a real treat, a single musician playing a traditional style "harp" and singing. I really enjoyed that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley