We just returned from our trip to Peru. The service at El Albergue was outstanding. With the help of Natalia who answered all my emails in advance and Sergio who dealt with us there our trip could not have been better. As most have said don't worry about the train station location. It never bothered us. The food there is great! The cleanliness of the rooms were great! No TV meant a lot of great family time playing cards or talking. We took our two boys 9 and 13. Instead of staying in Cusco we opted to stay in Ollantay. Could not have made a better choice. Sergio set the boys up for a horseback riding trip which was as my wife said so beautiful and professional.
If you can do the Pachamanga lunch at the farm. So delicious! Thank you El Alberbergue!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley