I was very pleasantly surprised about how nice this hotel is. I was a little concerned about staying here because it is at the train station. I don't mean near the train station, I mean at the train station! The front door is the train station platform. Trains start passing by at 5:00 am and I was sure I would be woken up by them. Maybe I was very tired, but I did not hear a thing till I was supposed to wake up at 8:00 am. The rooms are nice sized and the courtyard pleasant. I tried the sauna and it was a nice way to sweat off some weight. I also ate dinner here. I looked around town and I thought the El Albergue restaurant seemed like the best place to eat. It was not fancy but the food was well prepared and tasty. This hotel is not a 5 star luxury hotel but it was a nice place to spend a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley