My sister and I stayed at El Albergue twice during my 10 day trip to Peru. The atmosphere, hotel size and convenience to the train station was worth a lot. There are only 16 rooms at this hotel so I would recommend booking early. I would also pay the extra money and book a superior room facing private gardens and the mountains. The standard rooms are ok and face the train station so it can be noisy early in the morning. The food on the restaurant is just ok and priced fairly high. The breakfast is nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HRS so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley