“Best food I had in Peru” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coffee Tree

Coffee Tree
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Seating, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,211 helpful votes
“Best food I had in Peru”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Loved this place so much!! We had lunch one day and dinner the next. The food is really nice. I had chicken fajitas (yum!), a toasted cheese tomato and pesto sandwich with homemade bread (every bit as nice as it sounds), humus with homemade bread. I also tried the brownie, cookies, hot chocolate and chips with dips.. All were delicious! We returned on our way back from the sacred valley just for the hot chocolate because it was so nice! The owner is good fun too, speaks great English and is very nice. You definitely have to go to The Coffee Tree if you are in Ollyantaytambo, you won't be dissapointed! Oh there is free wifi too

1 Thank champkis

• Polish first
Austin, Texas
“Great place for Lattes and people watching!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We sat outside writing out postcards, using the wi-fi, and took in the beautiful mountain ruins surrounding us on all sides. Owner was helpful and friendly.

Visited July 2012
Mountain View, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST COFFEE EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

The guy that runs the place is amazing and funny! He speaks English as well and is very helpful in translating stuff or suggesting a taxi driver for pumamarka or where-ever! And, he makes AMAZING coffee. Great Place! Best in town.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Diana D
Lima, Peru
“Best coffee around and super warm atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Well, I can vouch for the fact that they have great WiFi because I'm writing this review from inside the cafe! This place is awesome and I'm so glad I saw the reviews on TripAdvisor before arriving in Ollantaytambo. I live in Peru and I know how challenging it can be to find excellent coffee while on the road here. Not only does their coffee kick butt, but I also got a gigantic cookie that seemed to be warm out of the oven. Heaven! The owner is SOOOO nice - he shook my hand as soon as I walked in. It totally feels homey and lots of people are walking in and out as if it's their best friend's house. I'll be back in Ollantaytambo again and again and this is my official go-to place for great coffee and a bite to eat.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank travelin_lass
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Really nice owner; good place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband and I stopped in for a brownie and ice cream one night ( it was good), and we were struck by how nice the owner is. He really cares about his customers.
Check this place out!