“My favorite Hostel so far”
Review of Casa de Wow!!!

Casa de Wow!!!
Ranked #5 of 27 Ollantaytambo B&B and Inns
Santiago, Chile
“My favorite Hostel so far”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed here for two night to start my 2-month South American trip. It was to prepare myself for one night in Aguas Caliente before heading up to Machu Picchu.

I emailed Winn directly and she reserved a room for me for S/.50 per night. I agreed and when I showed up unexpectedly with a friend it was convenient enough that there was an extra bed in my room for my friend! It was the best room in the house with a view of the Ollantaytambo Ruins. Waking up to that to start this trip was such a treat.

The room was clean and the shared bath next door was always clean too. I like that the shower was actually roomy and there were space to hang towels and put soap.

The breakfasts were good. Eggs any way you want it, toast with butter and jam and really yummy tea (there were many to choose from, but I liked the back Peruvian one the most). Towels for shower inclusive. Location was good, less than 5 mins from the square, Plaza de Armes, and 15 mins walk from train station. Restaurants all around. And Winn made it so comfortable to be there. I just really enjoyed my stay and was so sad to go. This hostel spoiled me, no other has lived up to it yet.

Room Tip: My room was the top floor with view of the Ruins. I think this is the best room in the house, but p...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank skippin_along

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Philadelphia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Casa De Wow is clean and has charming style. It's 2 min walk off the main square which gives you quiet restful sleep. Wow has unquestionably the best view of places to stay. The breakfast was full; preparing eggs with fresh baked bread & local homemade jams..Winn and Wow make you feel at home from first contact of booking, straight through the stay helping if you have any questions about itinerary or special requests. Location, style, price, friendliness, view, Casa De WOW! is the best.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Pictou County, Nova scotia
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The hostel was fun and Winn was the wow factor as she took time to engage with us and helped to make our stay so memorable. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we changed our travel plans a bit to allow for a third nights stay. Winn provides great detail about surrounding town which allowed us to capitalize on our stay and enjoy aspect to the area that we would not have known nor seen without her help.

Room Tip: We had an amazing view of the ruins while laying in our very cool and funky tree house bunkbed (as w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Myrna H
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This guesthouse, and this town, are, without a doubt, my favorite place in Peru! Many reviewers said you won't want to leave, and in fact Winn has had many travelers extend their stay. We got to know our fellow house guests, more so than anywhere else we stayed, and it felt like we were all a family, albeit temporary. Winn arranged a horseback ride for us, the highlight of our trip! No big touristy group, we were delivered the Paseo horses right at the hostel door! And the guide was a delight! There are so many wonderful things to say about Ollanta and especially Winn, Wow, and Casa de Wow, and just nothing negative! If you get a chance, don't miss this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mt.Shasta,CA
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Really the best place ever for a long or short term stay. So brilliantly designed with bold fun color and creative function. I felt like I was living in an amazing piece of art! Win is the greatest host EVER! She suggested a treck with a local guide to a less known temple/vista. Wither(Weedar) really provided an experience that I will never forget...the beauty of the hills and meeting with a local Quechua grandma as we headed back to town. This place is a gem! I'm so grateful!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KatHansen
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

There are times when you arrive in a new hostal and you just feel immoderately relaxed - this was one of those times. Winn just exudes energy and cheerfulness and goes out of her way to make you feel at home. The rooms are great with the most beautiful beds I have ever seen (I wish I could've snuck one into my backpack), lovely attention to detail with art etc and clean bathrooms. There are also lovely extras like a comfortable homely lounge, kitchen, access to filtered water (nice to hear a 'feel free to fill your water bottle' for a change!) and delicious breakfast. I was so sad we only booked one night. The town and hostal deserved more time!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank CWandEW
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I absolutely loved staying at Casa de Wow! This place is quite charming and Winn was so welcoming. Our room was very clean and breakfast was great. We had hot water and found the sleeping accommodations comfortable We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go (including a walk to the train station) and were pleased with the suggestions of places to visit on the map we found in our room. I highly recommend this place and hope to visit again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple