I stayed here for two night to start my 2-month South American trip. It was to prepare myself for one night in Aguas Caliente before heading up to Machu Picchu.
I emailed Winn directly and she reserved a room for me for S/.50 per night. I agreed and when I showed up unexpectedly with a friend it was convenient enough that there was an extra bed in my room for my friend! It was the best room in the house with a view of the Ollantaytambo Ruins. Waking up to that to start this trip was such a treat.
The room was clean and the shared bath next door was always clean too. I like that the shower was actually roomy and there were space to hang towels and put soap.
The breakfasts were good. Eggs any way you want it, toast with butter and jam and really yummy tea (there were many to choose from, but I liked the back Peruvian one the most). Towels for shower inclusive. Location was good, less than 5 mins from the square, Plaza de Armes, and 15 mins walk from train station. Restaurants all around. And Winn made it so comfortable to be there. I just really enjoyed my stay and was so sad to go. This hostel spoiled me, no other has lived up to it yet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best of Both Worlds is what you get at Casa de Wow!!! Created by Winn and Wow - a North American woman (Atlanta, GA & Asheville, NC) and a South American man (Ollantaytambo) - one might call Casa de Wow!!! a cultural bridge providing its guests with a unique and enriching experience. The comfort and luxuries of the North are combined with the relaxed down-to-earth atmosphere of Peru, in particular the tranquility of Ollantaytambo and the creativity of Wow, who is an incredible artist (thus the nickname).So come join us..... and relax, as you sit atop our eucalyptus benches listening to the running waters of the Inkan aqueducts while you marvel at the stunning view of the ancient Inkan monuments. The location of our Casa is ideally situated on a cobblestone pedestrian street in the "old town" section of Ollantaytambo, just five minutes from the Plaza and all attractions. In the morning, enjoy a tasty breakfast including local organic jams. During the day, we'd be happy to help you organize unique excursions to magical local sites that are off the beaten path. In the evening, enjoy a cup of warm tea from our kitchen, watch a DVD in our cozy living room or gaze at the stars from our rooftop nook. Finally, retire to our beautiful and traditional Wow-crafted beds for a good night's sleep. Once you've stayed with us you will know why we're called "Casa de Wow!!!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Casa de Wow!!! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Wow!!! Hotel Ollantaytambo
- Casa De Wow!!! Ollantaytambo, Peru - Sacred Valley