We were at Casa de Wow for two nights. Our hosts were attentive and the lodgings were impeccable. The town of Ollantaytambo was without water and electricity because of a big storm and flood that hit the region a few days earlier. It didn't slow up the Casa de Wow operation which was carried out with aplomb. Winn and Wow were both out of town when we arrived, but the staff was very helpful.
So why did I rate the B&B so low?
After going to bed, we heard Wow's dog barking in the common area of the B&B. And barking, and barking and barking --most of the night. At some point, he was let outside, but still barked.
In the morning, we found out that no one from the management was in the hotel the night before -- only guests. They didn't know that the dog was inside, and he got panicky and barked (and barked and barked). We were promised that the dog would "visit with his mommy" down the street for night two.
You guessed it. At 1:30 AM the dog let out a muffled bark from the room below us, but loud enough to wake us up.
We left very early to catch the train. Arrangements were made for a taxi and a lovely "breakfast to go" was prepared for us.
The answer for Casa de Wow!!! is easy. It is either the guests or the dog. Be sure to ask about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best of Both Worlds is what you get at Casa de Wow!!! Created by Winn and Wow - a North American woman (Atlanta, GA & Asheville, NC) and a South American man (Ollantaytambo) - one might call Casa de Wow!!! a cultural bridge providing its guests with a unique and enriching experience. The comfort and luxuries of the North are combined with the relaxed down-to-earth atmosphere of Peru, in particular the tranquility of Ollantaytambo and the creativity of Wow, who is an incredible artist (thus the nickname).So come join us..... and relax, as you sit atop our eucalyptus benches listening to the running waters of the Inkan aqueducts while you marvel at the stunning view of the ancient Inkan monuments. The location of our Casa is ideally situated on a cobblestone pedestrian street in the "old town" section of Ollantaytambo, just five minutes from the Plaza and all attractions. In the morning, enjoy a tasty breakfast including local organic jams. During the day, we'd be happy to help you organize unique excursions to magical local sites that are off the beaten path. In the evening, enjoy a cup of warm tea from our kitchen, watch a DVD in our cozy living room or gaze at the stars from our rooftop nook. Finally, retire to our beautiful and traditional Wow-crafted beds for a good night's sleep. Once you've stayed with us you will know why we're called "Casa de Wow!!!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Casa de Wow!!! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Wow!!! Hotel Ollantaytambo
- Casa De Wow!!! Ollantaytambo, Peru - Sacred Valley