“like home”
Review of Casa de Wow!!!

Casa de Wow!!!
Ranked #5 of 33 Ollantaytambo B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I loved staying with Winn and Wow. This was my first stop in Peru, and I had altitude sickness. Winn had arranged a car to meet me at Cusco airport, and I slept and drank coca tea in my lovely room.

Ollantaytambo is a fine place to recover from traveling, with marvelous Incan ruins and small cafes. I used it as a base for a daytrip to Machu Picchu.

My only regret was not being able to stay longer.

Room Tip: The front rooms have a view of the ruins. (They have shared bath though.) Great beds.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank itsWindy

Reviewed December 2, 2012

My family and I stayed here on our way back from Machu Picchu at the beginning of September 2012 and had a wonderful time. The whole place has kind of a tree-house, funky feel. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and beautifully decorated. And Winn the owner made us feel right at home. My parents got up early to explore the town and Winn gave them a lot of advice about where to go, and she chatted us during our delicious breakfast (which included permaculture honey from a local farm!). It's also really rare to get eggs for breakfast at most hotels in the area, they usually just stick with strawberry jam and dry bread, but the breakfast at Casa de Wow was far superior.

Room Tip: Our room was on the side of the river, and we could hear the sound of the water all night, which was...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2012

You will definitely don't miss home if you choose to stay at Casa de Wow in Ollantaytambo!
Winn is really great, kind, willing to share and listen to people, able to offer a lot of valuable information about the places you may visit in Ollantaytambo, while her kitchen is the "gathering" point where you can meet a lot of interesting tourists.

The only reason for not giving a 5 star mark was the water issue...due to shortages in the whole area we had water only on few occasions ...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I honestly don't understand the negative reviews. This place was such a HAVEN for us.

First, the communication with Winn was so easy. She even let us drop off our bags on our way to the Inka Trail despite it being a little bit of a disturbance to them.

Winn welcomed us with open arms and nothing about the place felt fake or pretentious. We felt like we were home. There were hot showers, hot food, filtered water available at all times. They even have a laundry service, which we used while we were there.

The room itself was beautifully and tastefully decorated, the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was very clean (we stayed in a matrimonial room with an en-suite bathroom). The breakfast provided every morning was fresh and so tasty: hot coffee, eggs cooked the way you want, fresh bread and organic jam. What more could you ask for?

I miss Casa de Wow and I miss Ollantaytambo. I wish we had allotted a few more days to spend there.

Thank you Winn and Wow for making our stay so wonderful!

Much love from San Diego!

Room Tip: I enjoy having my own bathroom, so I would choose a room with an en-suite bathroom if you can!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I loved staying here on a trip to Maccu Piccu. Staff was personal and very friendly. I enjoyed the location for a quick stop in Peru. I think it would be nice for a day or two more. It's a small town, but the hotel was realy tidy, charming, creative, and clean. The water in my room in the top was cold however, but overall I thought the staff made up for it. I highly reccommend it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SvenGamble
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had a great time. We were a group of 10 (4 seniors, 4 adults and 2 children) and Casa de Wow was perfect. The hosts were amazing and very accomodating. Breakfast was made to order and the kitchen was well equipped. The rooms and furniture was unique and charming. If you are looking for a quaint and homey place to relax and share with others-this is the place for you. We are DEFINITELY staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CatherinaV
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Casa de Wow is a very cute and well-run hotel in a very cute old Incan town. After the tourist mess of Aguas Calientes, the value and joy of staying at Casa de Wow includes breakfast, lovely rooms, a great DVD collection, suggestions of the best places to visit in town, organizing taxi tours for guests, a comfortable space, and most of all interesting conversation with Winn and other guests.

Highly recommended, and since it's small, make a reservation!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple