I honestly don't understand the negative reviews. This place was such a HAVEN for us.
First, the communication with Winn was so easy. She even let us drop off our bags on our way to the Inka Trail despite it being a little bit of a disturbance to them.
Winn welcomed us with open arms and nothing about the place felt fake or pretentious. We felt like we were home. There were hot showers, hot food, filtered water available at all times. They even have a laundry service, which we used while we were there.
The room itself was beautifully and tastefully decorated, the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was very clean (we stayed in a matrimonial room with an en-suite bathroom). The breakfast provided every morning was fresh and so tasty: hot coffee, eggs cooked the way you want, fresh bread and organic jam. What more could you ask for?
I miss Casa de Wow and I miss Ollantaytambo. I wish we had allotted a few more days to spend there.
Thank you Winn and Wow for making our stay so wonderful!
Much love from San Diego!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best of Both Worlds is what you get at Casa de Wow!!! Created by Winn and Wow - a North American woman (Atlanta, GA & Asheville, NC) and a South American man (Ollantaytambo) - one might call Casa de Wow!!! a cultural bridge providing its guests with a unique and enriching experience. The comfort and luxuries of the North are combined with the relaxed down-to-earth atmosphere of Peru, in particular the tranquility of Ollantaytambo and the creativity of Wow, who is an incredible artist (thus the nickname).So come join us..... and relax, as you sit atop our eucalyptus benches listening to the running waters of the Inkan aqueducts while you marvel at the stunning view of the ancient Inkan monuments. The location of our Casa is ideally situated on a cobblestone pedestrian street in the "old town" section of Ollantaytambo, just five minutes from the Plaza and all attractions. In the morning, enjoy a tasty breakfast including local organic jams. During the day, we'd be happy to help you organize unique excursions to magical local sites that are off the beaten path. In the evening, enjoy a cup of warm tea from our kitchen, watch a DVD in our cozy living room or gaze at the stars from our rooftop nook. Finally, retire to our beautiful and traditional Wow-crafted beds for a good night's sleep. Once you've stayed with us you will know why we're called "Casa de Wow!!!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Casa de Wow!!! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Wow!!! Hotel Ollantaytambo
- Casa De Wow!!! Ollantaytambo, Peru - Sacred Valley