“LOVE Winn!”

and 1 more site!
Casa de Wow!!!
Ranked #4 of 32 Ollantaytambo B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I honestly don't understand the negative reviews. This place was such a HAVEN for us.

First, the communication with Winn was so easy. She even let us drop off our bags on our way to the Inka Trail despite it being a little bit of a disturbance to them.

Winn welcomed us with open arms and nothing about the place felt fake or pretentious. We felt like we were home. There were hot showers, hot food, filtered water available at all times. They even have a laundry service, which we used while we were there.

The room itself was beautifully and tastefully decorated, the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was very clean (we stayed in a matrimonial room with an en-suite bathroom). The breakfast provided every morning was fresh and so tasty: hot coffee, eggs cooked the way you want, fresh bread and organic jam. What more could you ask for?

I miss Casa de Wow and I miss Ollantaytambo. I wish we had allotted a few more days to spend there.

Thank you Winn and Wow for making our stay so wonderful!

Much love from San Diego!

Room Tip: I enjoy having my own bathroom, so I would choose a room with an en-suite bathroom if you can!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Casa de Wow!!!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I loved staying here on a trip to Maccu Piccu. Staff was personal and very friendly. I enjoyed the location for a quick stop in Peru. I think it would be nice for a day or two more. It's a small town, but the hotel was realy tidy, charming, creative, and clean. The water in my room in the top was cold however, but overall I thought the staff made up for it. I highly reccommend it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SvenGamble
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had a great time. We were a group of 10 (4 seniors, 4 adults and 2 children) and Casa de Wow was perfect. The hosts were amazing and very accomodating. Breakfast was made to order and the kitchen was well equipped. The rooms and furniture was unique and charming. If you are looking for a quaint and homey place to relax and share with others-this is the place for you. We are DEFINITELY staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CatherinaV
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Casa de Wow is a very cute and well-run hotel in a very cute old Incan town. After the tourist mess of Aguas Calientes, the value and joy of staying at Casa de Wow includes breakfast, lovely rooms, a great DVD collection, suggestions of the best places to visit in town, organizing taxi tours for guests, a comfortable space, and most of all interesting conversation with Winn and other guests.

Highly recommended, and since it's small, make a reservation!

1  Thank Valerie G
Reviewed October 23, 2012

From our arrival to Casa de Wow and the warm welcome to our equally warm departure 2 days later, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay with Winn y Wow. This hostal/hotel is the perfect complement to a visit to Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu.

Keep in mind is to use the shower early in the morning to take advantage of hot water. And, bring ear plugs as the walls and floors may be a little thinner than you may be used to. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are decorated very well with rustic furniture hand-crafted by Wow.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our family of 4 really enjoyed our stay at Casa de Wow!!! The word I'd use to describe this place is 'unique'. Home made furniture, awesome hosts, roof balcony with a view. People need to be realistic as well, if you are looking for a 4-5 star hotel, this isn't a place for you. If you are looking for an experience, and for something like a Peruvian home, this is the place for you! We were greeted with open arms from both Winn and Wow. I can't give them a perfect score because we did have some ants in our room, and there were water issues (they are just coming out of low water season). But overall I enjoyed getting to relax at this B&B and explore all that Ollantaytambo had to offer. It's a great deal (100 soles for a room with private bath), and it has everything you'd need and more. Winn joined us for breakfast, and it was great getting to hear her story, as well as hear about her work in the town and her focus on sustainable development. We wish her and Wow all the best, as they continue to improve their establishment!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here in August/sept 2011. I loved it. The bed was super comfortable and if you love nature you'll love this B&B. The bed was hand made by the owner from peruvian wood. It was a warm place, considering that everywhere i stayed in peru during this time was freezing, this place was perfect for me and my persistent cough. I felt relaxed and met some really lovely people. There is a choice of tea, to warm your insides, which you have access to at any time of the day and t.v and films if you need to just stay in and rest. It was the best night sleep that i had during my 11 days in peru. The owners were really helpful and connected me to a sweatlodge which was a valuable and therapeutic experience. It did wonders for my cough. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends