We've traveled all over the world, and have stayed at many different hostels and hotels...and Casa De Wow!!! stands out as one of our favorites. The reason we loved it so much was their amazing service. From the moment we walked in, we felt like it was a home away from home. Winn was an absolutely wonderful host. The hotel is in a great location, just a bit off the center square, but easily within walking distance of everything. The hotel was super clean, and it had hearty-good breakfasts with eggs and locally made (yummy) bread....and free wi-fi, if you are plugged-in while traveling.
If you are looking for upscale accommodations, then you will want to stay somewhere else. But if you are looking for a comfortable place to stay where you can really get a "feel" for Ollantaytambo, then Casa de Wow!!! is where you should stay. We used the extensive book library, pummeled Winn with questions about the area (she knows a ton!), and got great recommendations about places to eat, and things to do. If you need anything while you are there...just ask! Winn will go out of her way to help you. We stayed 3 nights, and really wished we could have stayed longer...it was hard for us to leave.
*They also offer a great local guide/adventure service, where they will set you up with a guide who can take you to some incredible local places...we absolutely loved our guide, Wither (I hope I'm spelling his name right!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best of Both Worlds is what you get at Casa de Wow!!! Created by Winn and Wow - a North American woman (Atlanta, GA & Asheville, NC) and a South American man (Ollantaytambo) - one might call Casa de Wow!!! a cultural bridge providing its guests with a unique and enriching experience. The comfort and luxuries of the North are combined with the relaxed down-to-earth atmosphere of Peru, in particular the tranquility of Ollantaytambo and the creativity of Wow, who is an incredible artist (thus the nickname).So come join us..... and relax, as you sit atop our eucalyptus benches listening to the running waters of the Inkan aqueducts while you marvel at the stunning view of the ancient Inkan monuments. The location of our Casa is ideally situated on a cobblestone pedestrian street in the "old town" section of Ollantaytambo, just five minutes from the Plaza and all attractions. In the morning, enjoy a tasty breakfast including local organic jams. During the day, we'd be happy to help you organize unique excursions to magical local sites that are off the beaten path. In the evening, enjoy a cup of warm tea from our kitchen, watch a DVD in our cozy living room or gaze at the stars from our rooftop nook. Finally, retire to our beautiful and traditional Wow-crafted beds for a good night's sleep. Once you've stayed with us you will know why we're called "Casa de Wow!!!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Casa de Wow!!! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Wow!!! Hotel Ollantaytambo
- Casa De Wow!!! Ollantaytambo, Peru - Sacred Valley