All reviewsprivate gardeninca ruinsrecommend hostalbreadhelpful with restaurant suggestionssacred valleyeggshot watermachu picchutrain stationresident catplastic bottlesmp ticketswarm blanketsthe main squaredouble bedfresh fruit
Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

This original and pleasant hotel is situated just next to the river, in a quiet surrounding in ollataytambo. Ideally located 200m from the center and the ruins as well as the fortress. The staff is exceptional, they have arranged for us the transfers, the taxis for cusco, and gave us nice tips for the visits of the ruins.

Big thumbs up!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Vincent Q
Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

Perfect hotel lovely staff however some seemed to lack respect for cleaning staff. Otherwise was lovely safe hotel. Staff very accommodating to our needs and the room was very clean. Beautiful view from room and down below rooms also had beautiful garden. Breakfast was a plentiful with variety Everything you could hope for especially for such a good price.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Kassie M
Reviewed December 5, 2017

Our travel plan to spend our first days at altitude in Peru at Ollantaytambo would not have been as successful without the generous assistance of the staff at Hostal Iskay. They guided us to restaurants, local attractions and important highlights of "Inca Town". Prior to arriving they also provided accurate information and assistance in purchasing rail tickets, Machu Picchu entrance and a reliable taxi service from the Cusco airport.
The very reasonably priced Hostal is in a beautiful location with stunning views of the Inca ruins from our very clean, secure room with adjacent deck and well maintained gardens. We slept well in a double bed with comfortable bedding and woke up each morning to the sounds of an energetic rooster in a neighbouring property. The bathroom and shower were clean and hot water was reliable. The breakfast, presented in a room with tremendous ambience, offered many choices including fresh bread/buns, cheese, ham, porridge, granola, fresh fruit, fruit juices, tea/coffee and a choice of eggs cooked in your preferred style. We took advantage of a laundry service at a minimal cost and complimentary luggage storage as we travelled to Machu Picchu. Reliable, knowledgeable, friendly and personable staff added significantly to our stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank whundas
hostaliskay, Propietario at Hostal Iskay, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Dear Whundas,
I'm really grateful for your wonderful descriptions of our hotel.....
I think is the perfect review, with a nice style of reports and informs,simple, direct and fondly.
Thank you very much, hopiung to see you again in another occation...

Best regards

Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

Stayed twice at this hotel: going to and coming from Macchu Picchu. My room was clean and comfortable. Like the hostal I stayed at in Aguas Calientes, amenities like TV and heat/AC are not provided by default. However, my request for a space heater was immediately fullfilled by the nice lady there. She also granted my request to upgrade my room for my return visit. My room offered a great view of the ruins/hills. They served a pretty basic but tasty breakfast that included eggs cooked to order and fresh bread and fruit. I would definately stay here again. Ollanta is a realy charming and beautiful town, well worth spending at least two days in.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2017

We recently stayed 2 nights while visiting this amazing little town, the ruins and the area. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, and assisted us in planning for some excursions by hiring us a driver to take us around. They also pointed out some lesser know but impressive ruins in town that we would not have know about otherwise. The breakfasts were simple but delicious and we also made friends with the resident cat. The guest rooms were small but everything that we needed as a base to enjoy this town and the countryside. The views of the ruins were always there to be awed by and I enjoyed having my morning coffee in the beauty of the gardens while soaking it all in. Everywhere in town was in easy walking distance and there were picture opportunities around every corner.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple