All reviewsprivate gardeninca ruinsrecommend hostalbreadhelpful with restaurant suggestionssacred valleyeggshot watermachu picchutrain stationresident catplastic bottlesmp ticketswarm blanketsbed was comfortablethe main squarefresh fruit
Reviewed December 5, 2017

Our travel plan to spend our first days at altitude in Peru at Ollantaytambo would not have been as successful without the generous assistance of the staff at Hostal Iskay. They guided us to restaurants, local attractions and important highlights of "Inca Town". Prior to arriving they also provided accurate information and assistance in purchasing rail tickets, Machu Picchu entrance and a reliable taxi service from the Cusco airport.
The very reasonably priced Hostal is in a beautiful location with stunning views of the Inca ruins from our very clean, secure room with adjacent deck and well maintained gardens. We slept well in a double bed with comfortable bedding and woke up each morning to the sounds of an energetic rooster in a neighbouring property. The bathroom and shower were clean and hot water was reliable. The breakfast, presented in a room with tremendous ambience, offered many choices including fresh bread/buns, cheese, ham, porridge, granola, fresh fruit, fruit juices, tea/coffee and a choice of eggs cooked in your preferred style. We took advantage of a laundry service at a minimal cost and complimentary luggage storage as we travelled to Machu Picchu. Reliable, knowledgeable, friendly and personable staff added significantly to our stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank whundas
hostaliskay, Propietario at Hostal Iskay, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Dear Whundas,
I'm really grateful for your wonderful descriptions of our hotel.....
I think is the perfect review, with a nice style of reports and informs,simple, direct and fondly.
Thank you very much, hopiung to see you again in another occation...

Best regards

Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

Stayed twice at this hotel: going to and coming from Macchu Picchu. My room was clean and comfortable. Like the hostal I stayed at in Aguas Calientes, amenities like TV and heat/AC are not provided by default. However, my request for a space heater was immediately fullfilled by the nice lady there. She also granted my request to upgrade my room for my return visit. My room offered a great view of the ruins/hills. They served a pretty basic but tasty breakfast that included eggs cooked to order and fresh bread and fruit. I would definately stay here again. Ollanta is a realy charming and beautiful town, well worth spending at least two days in.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2017

We recently stayed 2 nights while visiting this amazing little town, the ruins and the area. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, and assisted us in planning for some excursions by hiring us a driver to take us around. They also pointed out some lesser know but impressive ruins in town that we would not have know about otherwise. The breakfasts were simple but delicious and we also made friends with the resident cat. The guest rooms were small but everything that we needed as a base to enjoy this town and the countryside. The views of the ruins were always there to be awed by and I enjoyed having my morning coffee in the beauty of the gardens while soaking it all in. Everywhere in town was in easy walking distance and there were picture opportunities around every corner.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BRDman7
Reviewed November 19, 2017

This hotel is located in the old town, a couple blocks from the main street. The room was simple but the bed comfortable; if you follow their instructions there's plenty of hot water for the shower. Our room was off a patio with seating area that had a great view of the ruins. On the other side there's a little garden with more seating. The included breakfast was good--bread, granola, yogurt, and fruit out buffet-style, then the option to order eggs.

The front desk staff were helpful and gave directions to places of interest, arranged a taxi to the train station, and so forth. They spoke enough English that I didn't have to try my Spanish, which has sadly deteriorated. You can also order a packed lunch, and purchase wine, beer, and other amenities.

We would definitely return here--I didn't allot enough time to fully explore the town, which is very interesting and attractive.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank wyliefool
Reviewed November 12, 2017

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Iskay before starting our hike to Machu Picchu. The hotel had beautiful views and a very peaceful ambiance. We loved staying here. The rooms are basic, beds are comfortable, and there are hot showers. There is no hair dryers, shampoo etc. so I want to emphasize that it is a fairly basic accommodation, but the views can't be beat. The breakfast in the morning is nice and they will store bags for you if that is something that you need assistance with since there is a luggage limit on the train and trail to Machu Picchu. If I ever return to Ollantaytambo I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple