“Beautiful setting” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Albergue Restaurant

El Albergue Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our restaurant and café are open to lodge guests and travelers alike. Café Mayu on the train station platform offers espresso coffee, tea, cookies, brownies, sandwiches and salads. Join us in the restaurant where you will find a full menu for breakfast lunch and dinner. We have created our menu using fresh organic ingredients from our garden and Sacred Valley offering a selection of Peruvian and European flavors. Alpaca steak, fresh salads, homemade fettuccine and fresh trout are a few items available on our menu.
Victoria, Canada
“Beautiful setting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Nice garden sitting, went for lunch finally able to have a salad; organic! My husband had the burger, it was a good size but he didn't like the meat.

Visited February 2014
Christian_Arteaga, Gerente at El Albergue Restaurant, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Loretta;

My name is Christian Arteaga and I'm the Resident Manager for El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel, Restaurant & Organic Farm.

I read your comment in our tripadvisor page and first I want to thank you for taking the time to doing it, is very important for us to have feedback from our customers. The second thing I have, is a question about your comment, does your husband didn't like the "alpaca" meat or the burguer was not in good conditions or preparation?

I will appreciate to know exactly this opinion, because can be a bit subjetive if he didin't like the Alpaca meat, for some people Alpaca has an strong flavor, I always described between lamb and beef flavor and I can understand preferences, but also want to provide the right information to people who reads the comments and decides for our business.

Thank you very much for your assistance and I hope to have another opportunity of serve you in any of our business areas.

Best Regards,

Christian Arteaga
El Albergue Resident Manager

• Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“Organic gourmet meals and great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

This restaurant is a part of the Albergue Hotel, down by the train station to Machu Picchu. They have their own organic farm and everything is grown fresh directly to your plate. The food is very fresh and gourmet! I highly recommend the beet salad, and the veggie pasta dish. Also, get early for the 2 for 1 Pisco Sour special! The owners are very friendly and nice (english speaking) and the restaurant manager Christian is the best!

• Visited January 2014
San Diego, CA
“Eat here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

One of the best meals I had in Ollanta. Met a few other travelers and had a nice meal, few beers, and tea.

Visited March 2013
College Station, Texas
“The best in Ollanta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Definitely the premier spot in Ollanta for dinner. We were in Ollantatambo for a week, and we tried other restaurants, but we always found our way back to El Albergue. Its a long way from the center of town, but worth the walk. Best chupe I've had in Peru.

Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
“Delicious Peruvian Quinoa Stew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

The vegetarian stew was probably the best food I had in Peru, fresh delicious vegetables in an amazing pepper sauce. The alpaca and pepper steak also delicious, and all well priced.

Visited January 2014