“One of the best places in Ollantaytambo ”

Orishas Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 73 Restaurants in Ollantaytambo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Orishas Cafe Restaurant offers a warm and friendly atmosphere where you can taste the delicious dishes from a menu prepared for the most demanding palates . Located in Ollantaytambo ; Inca people living on the banks of the river Calicanto where we offer the most incredible view and unique experience to savor delicious dishes that brings Peruvian cuisine .
Guayaquil, Ecuador
“One of the best places in Ollantaytambo ”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

This was a great find for us as we were getting a bit tired of the below average pizzas and other food the restaurants on the main square have to offer.
The food at Orishas was absolutely beautiful in quality, quantity, presentation and value for money. We went there quite a few times and had alpaca steak which was much better quality than the other alpaca we'd had in the town. Unlike the other restaurants in Ollantaytambo the chefs here really know their stuff and it was one of the only meals we had in the town that wasn't ruined by far too much salt!!
The dishes here are large and they take real care over the presentation. We were so surprised that they only cost as much as the really average stuff we'd been having on the main square!
If you're going to Ollantaytambo I really recommend you try here, the food is absolutely delicious - we went back 3 nights in a row!

College Station, Texas
“Much better options in Ollantay”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

After a long day of hiking the temple, and nothing to eat since breakfast, we stopped at Orisha's, mainly for the river view. Service was good, food no better than average, and the bill was more than the night before when we had an excellent meal at the train station restaurant. Yes, the view of the river is nice, but otherwise it fell short of expectations for the price.

Visited February 2014
“Good lunch spot by the river”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The location was very nice with the stream right next to the restaurant. The place was pretty empty when we got there and the food was okay. But the service here was excellent they redid my soup when I told them that I didn't want chicken. My husband's food was good and was better than mine he got the quinoa crusted chicken.

• Visited November 2013
Albany, New York
“Great chicken soup, fair lasagna, and horrible pizza”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We ate here two nights in a row. The first night, my husband had the chicken soup (Dieta de pollo). It was hot and steamy, as it should be, and he enjoyed it--a lot! On that night, I had the lasagna. It was not hot and steamy. In fact, it was tepid, at best. The taste was only okay and it was an unusual color of pale orange. The noodles (the description in the menu mentioned "dough") were almost indistinguishable from the rest of the gooey mess. If the waiter had stopped back to ask how our food was, I would have tried to have them heat it up. Unfortunately, even though the restaurant was virtually empty, he didn't stop by and it took a long time to even get our check. I had to go to the little office and ask for it, and we still waited an unseemly amount of time for the check.

The next night, we dropped in and decided (against TripAdvisor warnings) to try the pizza. That was a mistake. We ordered the Hawaiiana pizza (ham and pineapple). The cheese was hot and there was plenty of it. The crust was cool and falling into pieces when we tried to pick it up. The few bits of pineapple tasted good. There was hardly any tomato (red) color on the pizza. We ended up taking the cheese and available toppings off the pizza and left 70% of the crust. We did complain, stating (in clear Spanish) that the pizza was horrible. The waiter did take my complaint to the little office. Instead of S 33, we paid S 17 for this so called pizza. Now you know. Despite previous negative reviews, the pizza is still very bad.

Bottom line: of the three dishes we tried, we would recommend the chicken soup (Dieta de Pollo). We do NOT recommend the pizza or the lasagna!

• Visited November 2013
“Disappointing Experience”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This restaurant likely has better dishes, but the pizza was awful. A pre-made crust was made soggy as the result of incorrect cooking, although the cheese was good quality. The waitress/hostess was cold and uninviting, and ignored me by chatting with a friend as I waited for change (by that time I was quite ready to get out of the restaurant). The only redeeming quality of the establishment is it's location on the river, which gives it a pleasant ambiance. Still, I would not return.

• Visited October 2013