“Poor food”

Orishas Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 76 Restaurants in Ollantaytambo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Orishas Cafe Restaurant offers a warm and friendly atmosphere where you can taste the delicious dishes from a menu prepared for the most demanding palates . Located in Ollantaytambo ; Inca people living on the banks of the river Calicanto where we offer the most incredible view and unique experience to savor delicious dishes that brings Peruvian cuisine .
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We had the cuy and the alpaca. Could not finish the plates. The setting is nice however.

Reviewed June 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed overnight in Ollantaytambo after touring Sacred Valley. We discovered this restaurant, which was around a 5-minute walk from our hotel, the Pakaritampu. The restaurant is very CLEAN, it's one of those restaurants that has a huge window where you can actually WATCH the Chef cooking in the kitchen. The kitchen was immaculate! The service and food were both excellent; we had a pizza that was prepared in a wood-fired oven. Also, the ambiance in the restaurant is very inviting, most of the tables have river views, and they accept credit cards -- bonus!

Reviewed May 28, 2011

A real gem that has a “recommended by Lonely Planet” sticker in the window.
The young waiters were very enthusiastic and everything professionally run. The kitchen is in full view of diners.
The food was of better quality that most other local restaurants, justifying the slightly higher prices. Although the chips were a bit disappointing being just extra thick cut fried crisps.
The décor also was of better quality than average Ollan restaurants. It also had the only proper coffee machine we saw in Ollan.
Definitely worth a visit. Our 2 meals consisting of a starter and main course cost around £15 with soft drinks.
Had a nice view overlooking the river.

Reviewed December 6, 2010

I walked out of this restaurant half way through the meal. The restaurant was empty yet I got no attention from the waiter, and when the soup I had ordered finally arrived it was bought in from across the road? It was watery, bland and tasteless. The bartender was very rude and gave me the stink eye the whole meal and the other waitress who was on her laptop the entire time ignored her crying baby which further annoyed me after a long day of travelling. I couldnt wait any longer for the vegeterian entree I ordered, so I left 20 soles on the table and walked out. The service was terrible, and the food was bland, worse than mediocre and completely overpriced. They should have paid me to eat there. I went to the mercado across the street and got some trail mix and this was tastier than what I had just ate. AVOID.

Reviewed September 18, 2009

This restaurant is located across the street from the Munay Tika Hotel and on the same street that one walks down to get to the train station. It's very convenient and the food is quite reasonable and good. We had dinner there one night with another couple. It has a nice atmosphere and the staff is very efficient and considerate.

1  Thank globeseeker007