“Love this place!”

Ranked #14 of 77 Restaurants in Ollantaytambo
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Puka Rumi was one of my favorite places I ate during a 6 week trip in Peru. Portion size is good and food was delicious. I ate here everyday :)

There are newer reviews for Puka Rumi

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We were taken here by our guide, who I think was getting some kind of kickback, as it was a lot more expensive then the usual places we were taken. We found it almost impossible to find something on the menu suitable for vegetarians. Our meat eating guide and friends had steak, but we resorted to fries. The restaurant was quite well decorated.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Puka Rumi demonstrates much of what I love about dining in Peru. The ingredients used here are simple, but so flavorful and delicious. Also, the price can not be beat.

Note: both TripAdvisor and Google maps put Puka Rumi in the wrong place (at least at the time of writing this). It is by the south enterance of the town, ~40 meters from the main square.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Puka Rumi gets a gold star for their Alpaca Steak dinner, which was my favorite meal during the week we spent in Peru. My wife enjoyed her burrito. Reasonably priced and great food.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Food was good, service and atmosphere were mediocre. El Albergue is a much, much better choice. Easy to get to, just off town plaza. Be careful walking there - narrow, busy street.

1  Thank frugalyankee