“Would not recommend!!”

Ranked #15 of 76 Restaurants in Ollantaytambo
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I at here during our recent visit and were very disappointed! We ordered a chicken burrito and the chicken was raw! Im not talking a little under cooked.. im talking RAW! The service was horrible too. My husband politely told our server (so no one in the restaurant had a clue what was happening) about our undercooked chicken, and then she refused to talk to us. She sent this young girl out to our table to finish serving us. My husband told them that we were no longer hungry, and had lost our appetite from our less than delicious undercooked meat, and the young girl brought us the check. They charged us for their raw chicken! I could not belive it! Horrible service, undercooked meat! I dont understand how this place got such good ratings. There are much better restaurants here and I would avoid Puka Rumi and try something else. Very disappointing.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Excellent well cooked food nicely presented, cosy atmospere and excellent service, reasonably priced, generous portions ate here both nights we were in Ollantaytambo

Reviewed May 6, 2013

If you ask anyone in town for restaurant suggestions, they will mention the burritos at Puka Rumi. Although we ate most of our meals at El Albergue, my husband insisted on trying another restaurant in town and I settled on this one based on the great TripAdvisor reviews. I had the chicken burrito, while my husband had the steak burrito. The burritos are more like fajitas- they give you two homemade tortillas and all the "fixings" to create your own. It was good- but everything seemed really salty for my tastes. The waitress brought our drinks out when I was using the restroom- about 10 minutes after my return I looked closer at our water bottles and noticed the expiration date was about a month previous. My husband confirmed that the waitress took the top off of his beer at the table, but the water bottles were brought without tops (which he didn't think twice about.) By that time I had already drank half of the bottle and should have brought it to the waitress' attention- although she obviously knew she refilled the bottles, which also appeared more banged up than water bottles I had at other restaurants. I didn't get sick from the water or anything like that, but the refilled water bottle definitely rubbed me the wrong way. We did go to the restaurant when it was empty at about 3p for a late lunch- maybe we just went at an "off" time?

Reviewed May 4, 2013

At the time I went it was not busy at all - mid afternoon - a cute little place tho. I had burritos that were very good, except not spicy at all. But really, most places in Peru do the best job with the local food, not as good with other cultures' food.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Located just outside the gates to the Inca fortress. Good, simple menu and food. You may need soles to pay as Ollantaytambo is getting far out and deep in a valley. Our credit cards wouldn't work on their little hand held machines (they kept losing the signal).