“Eating and helping others”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hearts Cafe

Hearts Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Hearts Cafe is a Restaurant specialized in healthy home made food nutritious and ideal for the traveler. Prices are low and the meals are generous and well presented the service is personalized.Most workers are competent in basic English.
Philadelphia
“Eating and helping others”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Imagine our surprise when we read "all the profits from this restaurant and cafe go to help the work of the Living Hearts Foundation with indigenous communities in the high sierra." The food was excellent, especially the vegetable soup (which I had twice) and the grilled trout. I arrived rather sick with the traveler's disease and I left healed. The coffee was the best I had in Peru, or even anywhere (and I am very fussy) and I liked everything about this wonderful place. We ate there every day, once for lunch and twice for dinner. Highly recommended ... and find out about the Living Hearts Foundation, Mrs. Newhouse and how you can help.

Somerville, Massachusetts
“Great food for a great cause”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

I wanted to eat here after reading about the mission of the restaurant. The dining room was filled with other tourists. The service was quick and the food was solid.

1 Thank amielg
San Jose, California
“Snacking for a good cause”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Bought a packed lunch for the trip to Machu Picchu. A bit on the expensive side, taking into account prices in the area and the contents of the bag, but it was fine and part of the profits go to local charity.

1 Thank MoriartyParadise
USA
“Cute spot near ruins and main square”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

While staying in the Sacred Valley we took a taxi out to see the Ollantaytambo ruins and our driver encouraged us to spend another hour or so exploring town, and it was lunchtime so I selected this cafe based on reviews and proximity. The food exceeded expectations, we munched on some fries and had a glass of wine, and I had a nice, fresh salad (refreshing since I had often avoided raw fruits and vegetables during the trip), my husband the quinoa soup. Nice that the proceeds go to support local charities. Crowd seems to be mostly visitors. Prices quite reasonable. The baked goods (brownies in particular) looked wonderful. Service a little slow.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Cute little spot with decent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We arrived at 9pm after a very long day at Macchu Picchu and found it very quiet in this highly-rated restaurant. We ordered the chicken on oriental fried rice with peanut sauce, which was just average, and the veggie burger, which was actually excellent. Our biggest surprise was the very cheap Pisco Sour (9 s/) which was much better than we expected.
Prices aren´t cheap, but it does have a good reputation and profits go to a local charity.