“Great Find in Ollantaytambo.”

and 1 more site!
Tikawasi Valley Hotel
Page, Arizona
“Great Find in Ollantaytambo.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed here upon recommendation from our friend from Cuzco. We were only going to stay one night, but loved it and stayed two. We had two rooms each night. Both were very nice, clean and had great hot showers! The owner and staff were incredibly accommodating. Breakfast each morning was perfect, fruit, cereal, coffee, tea, bread, meat, cheese and your choice of eggs. Part of the hotel is an actual Incan wall. We spent quite a bit of time hanging out in the cozy courtyard enjoying the sun and surroundings. When we were leaving for Cuzco, the owner even gave us a ride as far as the next town because he was on the way. Very nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AzChica33

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Turkish first
vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed here as part of an Intrepid trip - and loved the T'Ika Wasi Hotel. The rooms were unique, clean and comfortable. The owners were very friendly and helpful - doing everything from check-in to breakfast the next day. Loved the location - down a side street in a quiet area of town - but still close to the main square. I'd stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lmain
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

As I sit in my little room on the courtyard watching the tides of groups flow in and out of this charming little hotel, I am amazed that the staff has maintained such a level of order and tranquility! All of my needs have been happily met - comfy bed, in-room wifi, hot water, sunlight, and a charming staff. My first night here I became ill and the front desk sent someone to the farmacia for me, as I was unable to make the walk. I am greeted so warmly each morning as I sit down to a simple but tasty breakfast. I like the fried egg on a roll with ham and cheese, but there are also scrambled eggs if you prefer plus fruit with yogurt and cereal with tea or coffee. The coffee is terrible but I like to walk to the square and have my morning coffee there anyway! Although this is basically a staging place for trips to and from Machu Pichu, Ollantaytambo is very much worth exploring for it's own treasures. And since it sits practically at the foot of the "steps" and the crafts market, Tikawasi Valley is a perfect place to start.

Room Tip: Go for a garden room they're lovely.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank never2old2try
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Owners were very pleasant whilst showing us the room and prior to taking our money, they were not so friendly or helpful when we went down to breakfast at 8.30am only to be told that there wasn't any. We were the only people staying and it felt like they just could not be bothered to accomodate. They didn't even offer a coffee. There was no hot water for the shower either. It's a shame and very dissapointing given the hotel looks so lovely.

• Stayed November 2012
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of an Intrepid group. This is a very cute hotel off on quiet a side street. My room (210) was very small but nice and cute. It overlooked the main courtyard and from one window I could see a beautiful Inca wall. There is no TV in the room. There is no elevator.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DJCat1
Victoria, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Lovely little hotel with a nice inner garden, clean rooms (though small) and adequate breakfast. Stayed here one night on our way to Aguas Calientes. For dinner, we went to the Heart Cafe (over the bridge and toward the main square) where they served very good food at a resonable price ... profits go to children's and women's programs in the valley.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwalk, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed in Room 303 (I think?) as part of a tour group.

Positive-
1) clean room
2) good location as it's very close to the main square

negative-
1) poor wifi in my room
2) the ventilation window in our bathroom was open when we checked in, and when we came back at night the whole bathroom was full of bugs flying above my head... not very pleasant... my friend roomed in Room 203, and it did not have any opening to outside, so they didn't have any bug issue that we had..

Room Tip: I think I would've preferred 2nd FL rooms... no bug issue