“Inca Jungle Trail by Reserv Cusco”
Review of Inca Trail

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The tour was great !! Flecher was a great guide, the places we stayed were comfy and clean, I enjoyed the vegetarian food provided . The views were amazing and the activities ( bike, riding ,cable car , zip lining ) made the tour what it was

8  Thank arthur580
Write a ReviewReviews (1,950)
All reviews
in 51 reviews
"lunch and dinner"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Fantastic, yet challenging experience. Wonderful views, dependent on the weather. Definitely take two walking poles. Also decent waterproofs as the rain can set in. Steps become monotonous especially on the downhill stretches but you can get into a rhythm with your sticks! I took some painkillers at the end of the second day as my back was sore! You feel very superior arriving at Machu Picchu when you have walked in compared to the others who have taken the train. A word of warning, the toilets are abysmal :( we booked through Peregrine and our guide was superb. 2 days were needed to acclimatise in Cusco. Food on the trek was excellent!

4  Thank april f
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Inca Trail is much more difficult than anyone could have prepared me for. It was so hard that I really had to focus on putting one foot in front of the other, and missed out on a lot of the scenery (thank goodness for photos!). We went with Llama Path and were happy with the service! Just know that the Inca Trail is basically all stairs, all day -- up stairs for thousands of feet, then down stairs for thousands of feet, then repeat. But, the photos we have are absolutely stunning!

6  Thank ErinEst
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I completed the Inca trail with my mother (66) her cousin (62) my brother and my partner. We booked through 'Journey Latin America' which was organised immaculately. We were all very nervous having struggled with the altitude in our individual ways. After 3 days in Cusco, the altitude problems subsided for the most part. Our general fitness was good prior to the trip, having all walked a lot in preparation. It is very challenging, but the feeling of elation following each triumph is something special. Arriving at Machu Picchu is something I will never forget. We had perfect weather and the guide and porters were the most courteous and amazing people.

An amazing journey that everyone should do at least once in a lifetime.

8  Thank Jorama
See more reviews
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I don't do camping and so we opted for the one day Inca Trail. It was hard work but so rewarding! The scenary was stunning with forests, waterfalls and the odd Inca ruin. Reaching the Sun Gate was quite emotional as we had reached our goal. When we then saw Machu Picchu laid out in front of us in the distance it was like a reward for the effort we made to get there.

We booked the trip through Llama Travel, who in turn use the services of Condor Travel in Peru. Both companies excelled in ensuring that the trip was well organised and enjoyable. We couldn't have asked for a better guide than Ivan, whose english was excellent, whose knowledge of not only the Incas but also the local wildlife was vast and who ensured that each one of us enjoyed this unforgetable experience.

5  Thank MaggieCass