“My favourite ruins of the trek”

The Ruins of Intipata
Book In Advance
More Info
$1,098.00*
and up
7-Day Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu
Ranked #16 of 35 things to do in Machu Picchu
More attraction details
Owner description: The Intipata ruins are recenlty discovered agricultural terraces. Inhabitants may have once used the terraces as a walking path to Machu Picchu.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Wow, breathtaking views at Intipata "place of the sun". I was so overwhelmed, maybe because it was the last set of ruins we were to encounter until our final day up to Machu Picchu.

Absolutely stunning. Spend some time here, but watch the llama poop.

1  Thank Sarah M

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was breathtaking!! by the time you get here you will be tired because it is towards the end of the hike for that day and the camp site is right below the steep stairs there... and boy were these steep! if you have a walking stick thingy this is where it will come in handy, looks steeper than it is really, i had to hold on to a scared friend and all went fine... make sure to take the time to sit and look around at the amazing view because at the time when you are tired and wanting to just take those shoes off you dont appreciate it... looking back now Im glad I took the whole hike slowly and took in every stop and view I could because it made me appreciate it a lot more

2  Thank JazzzSay
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My Son and I did a five day walk over two mountains to get to Machu Picchu in Peru , this was one of the best thing,s I have every dun, also the hardest .
We left Cusco then picked up our porter,s before the start of the walk , there were 13 of us with a team of 19 looking after us so camping was not to bad . I could not carry anything as I found it so hard to breath and walk , but on the last day I felt so good .
One od thee,s thing,s should be on your bucket list , most of our group were over 50 and one 70 years old , I my self was 50 at the time and my son 25 but a lot fitter than me.
We both loved Peru and can recommend it .

4  Thank eddymollie
Reviewed September 5, 2013

You definitely have to hire a guide otherwise you do not know what you are touring. It's very helpful though after a while the fees for hiring tour guide really add up, but there is no choice if you want he information.

1  Thank bolzR
Reviewed June 28, 2013

When we arrived at these ruins I was amazed by how green it was with the grass and foilage around it. The ruins did not look rebuilt like some of the others. It made for nice terrace pictures. We saw 2 lamas and a milipeded at this location. The camp was near the bottom and the stairs going down were rather steep, but after hiking the "gringo killer" all day (as the guides call it) , they were not too difficult.