OMG! This place is great. Our room was fifteen steps from being outside in Machu Picchu. How awesome is that? We stayed at Sanctuary Lodge on Machu Picchu for 3 days and 2 nights in July 2014. The lodge is small, because there just isn't a lot of space to put something like this on the grounds of something as wonderful as Machu Picchu, but they have done a great job of making the very best of it. The place is very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful and very beautiful people to be with. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner here and the food is excellent. After a long day of hiking and exploring Machu Picchu, to come back "home" to this place and have a great meal is just perfect. We were able to get up early in the morning and walk out into Machu Picchu in literally just a couple of minutes and view the sunrise which is breathtaking. If you can plan a night or two here on your visit to Machu Picchu, do it. You will be rewarded with a wonderful experience to highlight your vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge enjoys a unique location just steps from the entrance to Machu Picchu; it is the only hotel beside the Inca citadel. This charming mountain retreat, set in orchid gardens, is the perfect place to relax, from early in the morning to magical moonlit nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Belmond, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu