You can travel pretty far on this planet and in the end, Machu Picchu will rank up there as one of the most amazing places to visit. With that said, why not stay just steps from the entrance to enhance your visit. Sure you can save some money staying down in Machu Picchu Pueblo (nee Aguas Calientes) but the hassle to get up and down the mountain, the bus fares and the time away from the citadel should sway you toward the Sanctuary Lodge. Did I mention you can sit in the hot tub and look up at the ruins? Food (all meals) were outstanding (alpaca steak was my favorite). Atmosphere and service were very good. Rooms were a bit small but, heck, you are sleeping on the front porch of a Wonder of the World. Book it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge enjoys a unique location just steps from the entrance to Machu Picchu; it is the only hotel beside the Inca citadel. This charming mountain retreat, set in orchid gardens, is the perfect place to relax, from early in the morning to magical moonlit nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu