First of all keep in mind this is a lodge in a very special location, it`s like having your own cabin in Machu Picchu along with ver helpful and kind staff.. sounds good to me.
The subject for this review means that when you want to go and see the sunrise in Machu Picchu you just have to step out of your room and not take a long bus (20 mins) from Aguas Calientes, (closest town).. then you can get back to your room, have a great breakfast, maybe rest an hour in your room and then take a private tour thru Machu Picchu, again, just stepping out of your room..then you can relax in the jacuzzi, have a massage or just spend the afternoon in Machu Picchu maybe see the sun set.. raining maybe? no problem your suite is right there go to the bar and have a drink, when rain stops, time to step in Machu Picchu again.... this scenario vs the one that you have to wake up at 4:30 am take the bus, go up, see the sunrise take a tour and go back down to you hotel in the bus, for me makes a different experience.
Keep in mind rooms are small because is a lodge.. staff is always kind and helpful.. they are remodeling some rooms and this is an important improvement already taking place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No picture of Machu Picchu can prepare you for seeing it with your own eyes. Perched high in the Andes, it is one of few places in the world that can be described as truly unmissable. It’s on everyone’s travel wish list, attracting a million visitors each year. But there’s only one way to see it in style: by staying at Belmond Sanctuary Lodge. When we say we’re one of a kind, we mean it. Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is the only hotel that sits at the entrance of the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. For years we have been the unofficial gateway to the Inca world, inviting our guests to explore with unrivalled access and expert guidance. While most visitors to the citadel endure a winding bus ride from Aguas Calientes, our snug retreat is a few footsteps away. Wake before sunrise and be the first through the gates. The mountains look magnificent emerging from a thick cloak of mist, and Machu Picchu is stunning in solitude. Stop, breathe and soak it all in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu