This is as much a luxury hotel as spit is equivalent to Champagne!
I suspect those that have given this property more than a 3 rating (which is being FAR too generous) are simply wrapped-up in the romanticism of the location....and likely have never stayed at a true 5-star property (of which Sanctuary Lodge does not come close - think your local Motel 6 last updated in 1993).
Service as Applebee's is fair superior to the blank stares and simple lack of attention that one finds at this property.
For the life of me I canNOT believe Orient-Express has any association with this travesty of a property.
$100 / night would be an oversell for these facilities...and they're pushing 10x that price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge enjoys a unique location just steps from the entrance to Machu Picchu; it is the only hotel beside the Inca citadel. This charming mountain retreat, set in orchid gardens, is the perfect place to relax, from early in the morning to magical moonlit nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Belmond, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu